Glock grips!

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Hollen, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Hollen

Hollen New Member

These are some grips I made.

image-3258158714.jpg

image-3648860063.jpg

2. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

How? That is what im looking to do, I have a glock 20sf well im a smaller guy 5'7" so the grip was big, I using marine epoxy in the back was able to reduce the grip to fit my hand, could use a lil more reduction but that would mean removing the texture some but if I could make these I could file and form the grip perfect and use this to get some good grip

3. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I used skateboard grip tape! On my g27 I used paper to make a templet then traced it on the back of the grip tape and cut it out. For my g23 I had some talon grips they were worn out and I wanted the to go a little higher on the grip so I took the old grip and and traced it on the grip tape and drew the top how I wanted it to be.

You can buy talon grips for like 9-10$ +shipping.
    But I shoot my 23 alot and wear the grips out quick so I bought the grip tape so I got ten grips for 12$ vs about 15$ for one.

4. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

Thank you im going to make a template tonight how well does it hold to the gun?

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Well done, looks good.

6. Hollen

Hollen New Member

It hold good. That's all a talon grip is.
    When you put it on use a blow dryer it softens the grip tape. And alows you to mold it to the grip better. And make it stick better!

Just watch how you trace the template! I know it sound like common sense but I trace one and went to put it on and it was opposite of how I needed it lol.

7. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Thanks man!!

8. Chuxta1983

Chuxta1983 New Member

I broke out the soldering iron. Great grip with no discomfort.

9. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

Thats what I was thinking of doing but wasnt sure it would work on the marine epoxy on the back of my grip