Glock Firearms banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I saw the title of this post, I thought "oh hell". Yesterday after hemming and hawing, I bought my first G5, a 19, partly because I had a Blue Label coupon burning a hole in my wallet, and with Biden in mind PLUS the dealer had only one left and no Idea when they'd ever get a new shipment. A Gen6? Whew, glad it's just speculation. So...

I'm a lefty and with a half century of using my trigger finger to hit the mag release, and then with lotsa Glocks, I doubt if I'll ever re-learn to use my left thumb to accomplish the same, so an ambitious mag release OR the dual slide release..I still have to shift my grip for my thumb to reach the mag release...Ambi's ok BUT the mag release extended option needs to be standard.

Marksman barrel? In times past thee wasn't much need to reload 9mm as it was cheaper to buy ammo than make it. Don't think the future will be such that cheaper factory ammo will return, so if the Marksman barrel is lead bullet ok then regardless of accuracy, then its a good thing (BTW, I need to go double check, but the rifling in my G43 sure looks the same. ??? )

The grip module thing of the 320 seems improbable unless the shooter is a part of a LEO or military entity large enough to have an armorer and a supply of different lowers for a set up/swap.

I also disagree on the video guy knocking the Glock grip plus the add on adapters. I don't have large hands, and even so I find I need a wider grip (IE Hogues). The guns, with the exception of my G3 26 will wiggle left-right. The position of the 26 grip swell snugs into the fold in m palm such that looking at past GSSF scores, I shot the 26, regardless of division, better than any other Glock...yet to experience whether I can add the grip thingies and Hogue to keep the gun on line when double tapping. I once lobbied for a G26 S, but the company went a different direction.

No, I don't think a better trigger will ever happen using the New York trigger as my reasoning. Procurement officers and administrators are loathe to put light triggers in a weapon issued to so many with minimal interest in learning to shoot other than good enough to qualify.

Finger grooves? I can detect no difference, and if I proceed to add a Hogue grip adapter finger grooves are on the hogue anyway.

Thump Safety? Word I had was THAT was why Glock lost to SIG. After all, the Prussian attitude has always been: "Ve vill make it, und you vill buy it."

Rick R.

·
Super Moderator
63,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
When I saw the title of this post, I thought "oh hell". Yesterday after hemming and hawing, I bought my first G5, a 19, partly because I had a Blue Label coupon burning a hole in my wallet, and with Biden in mind PLUS the dealer had only one left and no Idea when they'd ever get a new shipment. A Gen6? Whew, glad it's just speculation. So...

I'm a lefty and with a half century of using my trigger finger to hit the mag release, and then with lotsa Glocks, I doubt if I'll ever re-learn to use my left thumb to accomplish the same, so an ambitious mag release OR the dual slide release..I still have to shift my grip for my thumb to reach the mag release...Ambi's ok BUT the mag release extended option needs to be standard.

Marksman barrel? In times past thee wasn't much need to reload 9mm as it was cheaper to buy ammo than make it. Don't think the future will be such that cheaper factory ammo will return, so if the Marksman barrel is lead bullet ok then regardless of accuracy, then its a good thing (BTW, I need to go double check, but the rifling in my G43 sure looks the same. ??? )

The grip module thing of the 320 seems improbable unless the shooter is a part of a LEO or military entity large enough to have an armorer and a supply of different lowers for a set up/swap.

I also disagree on the video guy knocking the Glock grip plus the add on adapters. I don't have large hands, and even so I find I need a wider grip (IE Hogues). The guns, with the exception of my G3 26 will wiggle left-right. The position of the 26 grip swell snugs into the fold in m palm such that looking at past GSSF scores, I shot the 26, regardless of division, better than any other Glock...yet to experience whether I can add the grip thingies and Hogue to keep the gun on line when double tapping. I once lobbied for a G26 S, but the company went a different direction.

No, I don't think a better trigger will ever happen using the New York trigger as my reasoning. Procurement officers and administrators are loathe to put light triggers in a weapon issued to so many with minimal interest in learning to shoot other than good enough to qualify.

Finger grooves? I can detect no difference, and if I proceed to add a Hogue grip adapter finger grooves are on the hogue anyway.

Thump Safety? Word I had was THAT was why Glock lost to SIG. After all, the Prussian attitude has always been: "Ve vill make it, und you vill buy it."

Rick R.
I agree on all counts except the Sig Grip Module. Removing the trigger from one frame and adding it to another can be done easily using my Glock tool.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts