Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Proponet of High Velocity
910 Posts
I just noticed my G45 has a round firing pin, not the traditional Glock flat blade.

Reactions: Island Life

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
Brown Trigger Parallel Gun barrel Tints and shades
Automotive tire Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Camera lens
Automotive tire Trigger Bumper Revolver Rim
Ok I hope I’m not getting Alzheimer’s cause I can’t remember clearly.
I think I had a gen 2 31 that I sold or something to get a gen 3 cause I wanted a light rail.
Anyways I pulled out the 31 sitting in the back of the vault.
Guessing it’s an early gen3 HEZ*** serial number.
Has the front cut out that I also don’t recall being a big deal unlike this last cutout on the early gen5.
Now what’s really tripping me out is it has a metal guide rod and I was pretty against changing internals on carry guns back then.:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
View attachment 185015 View attachment 185017 View attachment 185019 Ok I hope I’m not getting Alzheimer’s cause I can’t remember clearly.
I think I had a gen 2 31 that I sold or something to get a gen 3 cause I wanted a light rail.
Anyways I pulled out the 31 sitting in the back of the vault.
Guessing it’s an early gen3 HEZ*** serial number.
Has the front cut out that I also don’t recall being a big deal unlike this last cutout on the early gen5.
Now what’s really tripping me out is it has a metal guide rod and I was pretty against changing internals on carry guns back then.:confused:
Early gen.3 looks identical to my 22 early gen.3.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I’ve been looking for a while as to what topic I could post that Jim Bean would see.
I can not remember nor find where he mentioned he uses the Sticky holster almost if not exclusively.
I started using one with my G43, originally bought for a pocket holster for my Ruger LC9S Pro.
Not really realizing it was more than suitable and designed to be an IWB.
I bought at least one more and use one for my P365.
Mind you, I probably have three holsters for each handgun I own. I’m using the Sticky the most now.
I do like the Fusion holster for my G48, because I did not buy a Sticky for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe 1 of you can help out. I have what Glock has told me a Gen 1 19 . The frame looks more like a Gen 2. Is it possible this was a Gen 1 prototype with a Gen 2 frame.
It was made in July of 1988. It does have the Austrian proof Mark's.
Previous owner , ffl had it cerakote.
Going by what Glock says it is a Gen 1.

Thoughts? View attachment 193533 View attachment 193535
Black Gesture Font Parallel Illustration

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the education. I am trying to translate the Canadian G-19. Is it an American G19 with a G48 106 mm barrel and a 10 round mag? Or is it a G48? If it is a G19 will the other mags fit?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,951 Posts
Thank you for the education. I am trying to translate the Canadian G-19. Is it an American G19 with a G48 106 mm barrel and a 10 round mag? Or is it a G48? If it is a G19 will the other mags fit?
So the 19 and 48 are the same as US models but with 10 round mags and 106mm barrels.
The USA has had 10 round mags nationally from 1994-2004 during the Assault Weapons Ban. After it expired, 9 states have continued with 10 round limited magazines.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts