Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is folks...one of the first Gen4 "C" models here in the USA...that I know of anyways...

As some of you may know, Glock had discontinued standard production runs of all Gen3 "C" models, and for years now I had hoped they would eventually made a Gen4 "C" model... Internet rumors hinted at ones being sold in the European markets, even a firearms blog showed pictures of one...

Well, when Glockmeister sent out an email advertising one of these, I had to get one...and picked it up yesterday...here are some pics...notice the different machining on the top of the barrel hood...a first for any Glock I have set eyes on...:D

Can't wait to take it to the range...if expectations match performance, a new EDC may be in order... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sights...

Thanks!

I know my other "C" models tend to blacken the front sight after a day at the range...so on this one, I plan to ditch it all together...

I just ordered one of these:

http://www.themakogroup.com/ftbullseye
:cool:

·
Registered
588 Posts
There was one at the local shop near me. I was sorry I didn't buy it when I purchased the wife a G19 that came with Ameriglo sights installed for $50 more.
If it's there when I go back I may pick it up, it looked badass.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the response I am getting on facebook Glock groups, there is also a Gen4 17C out there...both 17C and 19C Gen4's are from a limited production run...so grab 'em if/when you can... :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
One person claimed he had to keep wiping the front sight clean from the residue and I'm not sure if there is a huge reduction in recoil saved by the porting. There is no doubt it looks cool though.

·
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
786 Posts
I still regret selling the G21C I had years ago.

·
Registered
491 Posts
New to my collection Glock 17L Gen3 and Glock 17c Gen4

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've not met someone who owned a 17c or 19c and felt there was any issue shooting in low light conditions (myself included). The only conversations I've ever been part of where it was brought up as a problem have been purely theoretical with guys who haven't used one.

Compared to the flash of a 10mm (below), what comes out of a 17c or 19c is nothing. As to why, they are a joy to shoot. I don't carry my 17c's (Gen3 and Gen4), they're range guns for me but by far my favorite to shoot.

10mm G29

Reactions: Glock7421
1 - 20 of 24 Posts