Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First off thanks for all the info! Ive been lurking now for about a month, decided to do a few things for the glock before my first IDPA match.

Ive seen a few extended mag releases for the GEN4's but all seem to have pretty poor reviews. Anybody got any first hand experience with a particular brand and or mod? Ive found a few but cant find a stock Glock factory extended to save my life. I know the 4's are supposed to have an extended one already but I could use a little more button to keep me from always changing my grip on quick reloads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the reviews on the one from glockstore are bad. Miester has one that is factory extended but customer service says its just a factory "gen 4" ""extended"" not really extended beyond factory. Ive ordered one and will test it when it comes in to see if indeed it is. I can always cut.and past until my chrome extended comes out until then ....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to get the one from the glockstore, after the review I read I was searching for first hand experience... Ill prolly end up with that one also...

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I spoke to my buddy Casey at PoliceHQ. He said the main issue right now is quality, and they are hunting down different options to try and find the best one to carry. He hopes to have them soon, and if he gets them before you find one I will let you know because his prices are top notch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered one from Glockmeister and it should be here today or Monday. I was also told that Larry Vickers/Tango Down will have one out for the Gen4s soon! That would be my first choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Midwayusa.com sells pretty much every factory Glock part imaginable including the stock poly mag release. I think they are like $4.

·
Registered
284 Posts
When i had my pre-gen4s, i would just use the g20/21 mag releases for an extended mag release in my g23,etc. I'm going to try the g21 gen4 mag release in my G17 gen4 and see if it works. Bet it will. I'll let ya'll know.

·
Registered
372 Posts
When i had my pre-gen4s, i would just use the g20/21 mag releases for an extended mag release in my g23,etc. I'm going to try the g21 gen4 mag release in my G17 gen4 and see if it works. Bet it will. I'll let ya'll know.
What's the number stamped on the Gen4 G21 magazine release?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I dont know the number stamped on the g21gen4 mag release. Wouldnt surprise me if it matched the release glockmeister is selling as extended for small frame gen4s!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so I finally got the extended one from glockmiester. Here are some pics

ForumRunner_20120216_105358.jpg

ForumRunner_20120216_105538.jpg

Feedback.... I feel a slight difference in the height of the extended one from the frame. I wish it had one or two more millimeters of height. It also has a tad bit more surface area than the gen 4 stock one. Overall I wish it was a little taller, but for 5 bucks you can't beat it..

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts

After other companies have horribly attempted to make a extended Gen 4 magazine release. Here is The factory Glock original extended mag release.
Finally here.
Factory Original Glock Gen 4 extended mag release. As always we provide super fast shipping and quality service.
Extended enough to make a difference and will not be an issue with any holster on the market.
Price: $13.99
Shipping: Free
We sell hundreds of Glock original and aftermarket parts.
Click on link below. Thanks again,
Edwin from GlockPolishing ebay sales.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271042632905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts