Glock gen 4

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Ltrain, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Hello I'm a first time gun owner I love the 26. Any opinion on which one? Gen 3 or 4 ?

2. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

In the 26 models the only change from gen 3-4 is the bigger mag release and slightly slimmer grip also the stippling on the plastic. I would opt for gen 4 IMO but depends on price too if you like the gen 3

3. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Thanks for the input

4. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Thanks for the input

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Ltrain !!

I personally prefer the Gen 3's...

6. davemanz71

davemanz71 New Member

Can't go wrong either way....

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Whichever one is in stock haha, they will be nearly identical as already stated.

8. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I prefer the gen 4 because of being left handed. I can switch the mag release!

9. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

With the gen 4 can the slide release be switched to either side like the mag release?

10. akvs22

akvs22 New Member

The slide lock lever cannot be switched to the other side.

11. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That would be sweet if it were possible ;)

I love my GEN 4's.... 23 & 27 ;)

12. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

As previous stated you can't go wrong either way. I think the deciding factor iDisk the mag release. Do you like a thinner or thicker release?

13. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Gen 4, why go with the older design? And the 4 comes with an extra mag.

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have owned both GEN 3 & 4. And I have to say I prefer the GEN 4's. All GEN 4's without the back strap on are SF MODELS.

I do however like the texture of the GEN 3 grip over the GEN 4 grip. But a Talon decal grip tape/rubber will take care of that easy.

Either way you go is good. I mean it's a GLOCK right? :)

15. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Have G4 and G3 s and love em both depends on stock price and willingness to order... For my on my latest had to do with stock as I was using GSSF discount coupon and the G26G4 was out of stock... So got the G3 very happy with it as I am with my G17G4. I may order the large mag release... Not sure just yet...

16. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Extra mag at a cost of 50 bucks... Price dif without blue label ... G4 $549 G3 499 the back straps are useless if you get laser grips as I do... Like the larger mag release on 17G4 but do not mind smaller one on my G3's, the one on my 19C is good, the one on 26 is a bit stiff will see after a few 100 rounds and mag exchanges...

17. Meanmikegreen

Meanmikegreen New Member

I got the Gen 4 it already had updated recoil spring but if you buy it and have ejections towards your face have them just tune your ejector saves you time and hassle that I had 2 go through

18. glock34gen4

glock34gen4 New Member

image-662084247.jpg

Both of my gen 4's one a 34 one a 17 love them