Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Glock 22 a while back and really enjoyed it. Sold it to purchase two other firearms which was a smart move at the time. I am looking soon at getting another. My questions to those in the know are:

First, who makes the best 40-9 conversion barrel for their Glock 22? I have recently decided the Glock in 40 S&W and a conversion barrel would be the best gun capable of shooting the two most abundant ammunitions. Please provide prices and links if capable.

Second, what is your opinion on the Gen 3 vs. Gen 4 conversions? I have read in the past the double spring in the 40 S&W Gen 4 is problematic for 9mm ammo to be reliably consistent.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I can get a new Gen 4 G22 for $20 more than a new Gen 3 G22. The extra grips and rough texture don't mean much to me.

What are the prices of the 40-9 conversion barrels for Gen 3 and Gen 4?

Are spring assembly replacements needed for the Gen 3 or 4 to reliably shoot 9mm?

What are your personal results in shooting the 9mm conversion out of the Gen 3 or 4?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I own a g22 but I don't use a conversion barrel, saving up for a whole other gun. :D

On the barrels, I would recommend Storm lake. While I will admit that any of the major barrel brands are good, I sell storm lake and would be foolish not to try to sell you one. ;)

It is a drop in barrel that will work rather well on its own, and you can even use the .40 mags with the 9mm as well. However, to make it more reliable you may want to invest in a new 9mm extractor and 9mm mags. Otherwise you are set to go!

Also, if you are interested in used guns. My g22 is a police turn in and it's great! Never had an issue with it. Both GTdistributors and J and G sales have g22 Glocks for $329-$389.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the time I pay an ffl and shipping I'm getting close to new gun area. What generation and how many magazines do they come with? If the math adds up I may have to think about police guns.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
By the time I pay an ffl and shipping I'm getting close to new gun area. What generation and how many magazines do they come with? If the math adds up I may have to think about police guns.
The guns usually come with two hi cap mags. Gen 3 G22.

I sell Storm Lake 40/9 barrels for $150

Mags are $25

And the 9mm Extractor for $20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts