Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the gun shoots factory 230 FMJ's reliably then the gun is doing what it's supposed to do. Also, doesn't Glock advise against shooting lead out of it's polygonal rifled guns? That said, what powder charge are you using and with the semi-wadcutters, what's the overall length? That your reloads function in your 1911 doesn't mean much since the G30 is a totally different gun design.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, like SixG17s mentioned the plunk test is important. I load 200 grain Missouri Bullet semi wad cutters to 1.24” but I use a different powder, not that it matters. These loads I run in my XDM and not in my Glock because, again, Glock does not advocate running lead bullets in their guns. Also, according to the loading data, your 5.7 grains of 231 is slightly above the recommended max of 5.6 grains which I doubt is a big factor.

Maybe load up 50 rounds at 5.3 grains at 1.24” and see how they do. I’ve found Glocks to be very forgiving with regard to ammo and will shoot anything as long as it’s the correct caliber.

So, if you insist on running lead through your Glock and a rip in the space-time continuum opens up, we’re gonna know who did it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts