Glock Engraving

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bryanbrescia, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Does anyone on here do custom engraving? I'd like to get my last name engraved on my barrel after I get it polished.... anyone here do that service at an affordable price'?

2. TheLance

TheLance Glock Owner

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, TheLance, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Please post a *Hi There* in Introductions so that other Members can welcome you as well!

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  4. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

A Friend of mine has his done here http://www.zipgraver.com/GLOCKENG.htm His work is good I have seen it. Price is Very Good but yes you have to send it unless you live in the Reno/Sparks area! I plan on having at least one of my 21's done there!

5. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member

Not that I plan on selling mine, but if...just if I had to (ie. the economy continues in the toilet during a second term), wouldn't engraving reduce the resale?

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I guess it would depend on the engraving. I am sure if I had Moto Marine Corps stuff engraved on my Glock I could sell it for at least what I have in it. But if you engrave personal stuff it would reduce it.

7. Well, Im looking at getting my polished barrel engraved... you can always buy a new stock barrel if you wanna sell it lol

8. PLus I have no intentions of selling my glock lol

9. First off, I have great prices on professional polishing if you need it :D

A few words of caution here on the engraving:

Send it only to someone you can verify as an actual professional, who is engraving the barrel with a CNC machine. A guy in a garage with a dremel is not going to produce the result you are looking for. Anyone who tells you different is an idiot.

I will caution against doing this at all. I know it's your gun, you can never imagine selling it, etc etc but things happen. Nobody wants to buy a gun then buy a new barrel unless you cut them a really good deal. Engraving anything hurts the sale value, but your last name is a deal breaker for sure.