Glock Combat Holster IWB Mod

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by jln370, Dec 18, 2011.

1. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    A very dimly lit light bulb went off over my head today. Works pretty good. What do y'all think?
    In hindsight I think I would cut the bottom belt loops and leave the top ones and not make the mod cuts so deep. This would ad strength to the top and make it ride higher.
    Also if you plan on doing this mod, make sure the top of the cuts are round to prevent ripping, I used a drill to make the top of the cuts, then used electricians scissors to cut the rest.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member

Looks good, the hotlinked images are not resolving now.

3. korrybassinger

korrybassinger New Member

DFW
    thanks

:rolleyes:cool idea. I may have to steal it but you will get props for it if i am ever asked.

4. I think its great

Love the idea. Im sure many of us have this same exact holster just laying around the house. It was the first one I ever had. They are cheap as well.:D

5. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Outside the box, I like it! I had several of those and thought to do that.

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Inexpensive and functional. I like it!

7. toddnjoy

toddnjoy New Member

8. pretty sweet! seems we were both tinkering today. I scooped up a cheap ($15) leg holster a year ago and I LOVE it. I have abused this thing in ways you cannot imagine and it has literally held up and outlived my Blackhawk and Safariland leg holsters. Anyway the only complaint is that the top of the gun (rear sight area, top when holstered) would hang out away from my leg and I could feel it some when walking.

So today I grabbed a needle and heavy thread and taught myself to sew. Stitched the holster portion even with where the glock lines up to the strap that runs down from the belt. Now its locked against the leg!

9. I like it. the only thing I would do different is put glue some sort of fabric to the part that contacts the body

10. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

I like it nice and easy.

11. Over all not a bad idea. Got my wheels turnin' and burnin'.;)

12. Sethican

Sethican New Member

That is an awesome idea! I think I'm going to try it on one of those just for the hell of it... Thanks for sharing

13. Gilmo76

Gilmo76 New Member

I love it, and will probably also "steal" the idea from you, lol.
    The only thing I'll do diff is use my drimel to ensure all is nice and smooth.....Looks good bro!

14. DJAZPHX

DJAZPHX King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

That is clever and easy to do! Thanks for idea may have to do this just for fun!!!

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Turned out great jln370 !!

Thanks for sharing the technique...

16. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Like! Now I have a possible Dremel project on a rainy day.

17. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Diggin the creativity. Good job.

18. DeadBang

DeadBang Southpaw Member

Good idea for a down-n-dirty IWB holster. Keep a few stashed around in case you need it. Vehicle glovebox, office deskdrawer, etc.

I suggest using moleskin with adhesive on back of holster. http://bit.ly/qGizwG When it needs replacing just pull it off and replace with new. :D

DeadBang