Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One in the chamber
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone have a glock 25 or 28 (380 auto) in their collection? If so are they hard to get?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
As far as I know those models can't be imported to the states. I think the only way they can is if a department requested them. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this but maybe I'm wrong and someone can give you more facts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ok so crazy thought here. Since a .380 and 9mm utilize the same bullet just different size casing wouldn't the G26 be able to shoot .380 with the use of a G28 mag? I looked on the glock website and the 2 have the same specs.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
unit44justin said:
Ok so crazy thought here. Since a .380 and 9mm utilize the same bullet just different size casing wouldn't the G26 be able to shoot .380 with the use of a G28 mag? I looked on the glock website and the 2 have the same specs.
You would have to buy the barrel also since the .380 is a 9x17mm I believe

·
Registered
585 Posts
G29sf said:
You would have to buy the barrel also since the .380 is a 9x17mm I believe
If I'm not mistaken the 17 is the length of the casing and bullet. The 9 is the diameter if the bullet, the bullet in a 380 and a 9mm should be the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bullet is the same diameter but it would have to jump the gap to reach the rifling of the barrel. I don't know if it is a good idea but I have heard of people doing the same thing by firing .40s&w in a 10mm barrel. I won't be doing that with my G20 though I have a conversion barrel for that purpose.

I would also wonder if it would cycle the slide as the 25/28 operate on a different recoil system.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just curious is to why would you want a .380 anyway when you can easily have a 9x19? Like you said, they're almost the same size, but have you priced the .380 ammo lately? Very pricey! Gimme the 9x19 over the .380 anyday! JMO!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just read that they aren't imported here because of something about a pistol needs a certain amount of parts to be imported into the States. I'm not an expert so don't quote me, but I believe thats the issues with getting a .380

·
Registered
585 Posts
The bullet is the same diameter but it would have to jump the gap to reach the rifling of the barrel. I don't know if it is a good idea but I have heard of people doing the same thing by firing .40s&w in a 10mm barrel. I won't be doing that with my G20 though I have a conversion barrel for that purpose.

I would also wonder if it would cycle the slide as the 25/28 operate on a different recoil system.
Yes I would assume you would have to get a lighter recoil assembly than the 9mm as the 380 is a lighter load.

Just curious is to why would you want a .380 anyway when you can easily have a 9x19? Like you said, they're almost the same size, but have you priced the .380 ammo lately? Very pricey! Gimme the 9x19 over the .380 anyday! JMO!
I don't want to shoot .380 out of my Glocks. People have just been growing fascination in the G25 and G28 I think just to say they have one and others don't (bragging rights). I have a SigP238 and yes it cost even more to shoot than any of my other firearms but it is still a blast to shoot. It is also a nice carry piece when I am out being more active like playing golf when carrying my G23 IWB or OWB just isn't very comfortable with the constant twisting of the body.

·
One in the chamber
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glocker73 said:
I want the gun for my glock collection cause there rare. I would like to also add a mint condition 1gen. Glock 17 to my collection .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts