glock collection

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by packnglock, May 9, 2012.

1. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

Dose anyone have a glock 25 or 28 (380 auto) in their collection? If so are they hard to get?

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

As far as I know those models can't be imported to the states. I think the only way they can is if a department requested them. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this but maybe I'm wrong and someone can give you more facts

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

The only way that I know of is a police trade in. Check your LGS and online.

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Ok so crazy thought here. Since a .380 and 9mm utilize the same bullet just different size casing wouldn't the G26 be able to shoot .380 with the use of a G28 mag? I looked on the glock website and the 2 have the same specs.

5. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

You would have to buy the barrel also since the .380 is a 9x17mm I believe

6. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

If I'm not mistaken the 17 is the length of the casing and bullet. The 9 is the diameter if the bullet, the bullet in a 380 and a 9mm should be the same thing.

7. RYNOCG23

RYNOCG23 New Member

The bullet is the same diameter but it would have to jump the gap to reach the rifling of the barrel. I don't know if it is a good idea but I have heard of people doing the same thing by firing .40s&w in a 10mm barrel. I won't be doing that with my G20 though I have a conversion barrel for that purpose.

I would also wonder if it would cycle the slide as the 25/28 operate on a different recoil system.

8. Just curious is to why would you want a .380 anyway when you can easily have a 9x19? Like you said, they're almost the same size, but have you priced the .380 ammo lately? Very pricey! Gimme the 9x19 over the .380 anyday! JMO!

9. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I just read that they aren't imported here because of something about a pistol needs a certain amount of parts to be imported into the States. I'm not an expert so don't quote me, but I believe thats the issues with getting a .380

10. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Yes I would assume you would have to get a lighter recoil assembly than the 9mm as the 380 is a lighter load.

I don't want to shoot .380 out of my Glocks. People have just been growing fascination in the G25 and G28 I think just to say they have one and others don't (bragging rights). I have a SigP238 and yes it cost even more to shoot than any of my other firearms but it is still a blast to shoot. It is also a nice carry piece when I am out being more active like playing golf when carrying my G23 IWB or OWB just isn't very comfortable with the constant twisting of the body.

11. packnglock

packnglock One in the chamber

I want the gun for my glock collection cause there rare. I would like to also add a mint condition 1gen. Glock 17 to my collection .