Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Some say just a barrel, some say just a barrel & mags, and still others a barrel, mags, RSA, and extractor.
The extractor is slide specific (not cartridge specific) and need not (should not?) :confused: be changed. Furthermore, the spring-loaded bearing and firing pin are slide specific as well.

Swapping out the .40/.357 parts of the slide with 9mm Luger parts for a "complete conversion" is an Internet myth.

Please refer to the following thread...

Opinion requested on my Glock 27
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/opinion-requested-on-my-glock-27.52573/

... specifically, the following posts...

Opinion requested on my Glock 27, post #13 (extractor and spring loaded bearing)
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/opinion-requested-on-my-glock-27.52573/#post-1354065

Opinion requested on my Glock 27, post #5 (firing pin)
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/opinion-requested-on-my-glock-27.52573/#post-1353797

That said, the question remains, will a Glock .40/.357 pistol function with a 9mm extractor? o_O

Yes... it will. ;)

(I've even tested that combination with 'short' cases to force the cartridge to headspace on the extractor... no issues). :rolleyes: :D

However, the base of the cartridge won't be as 'snug' against the breechface... because the claw gap that 'captures' the case rim is 0.020" longer with the 9mm extractor than the gap with the .40/.357 extractor.

Just sayin'... :D

Best regards,

Bob

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Wow...Thanks for the detailed information Bob. It’s clear you really know what the hell you’re talking about; a great asset to this forum.
Thanks! :)

I try to help when I can. :D

Best regards,

Bob

· Registered
2,444 Posts
I’ve been real happy with the .357 Sig conversion on my G22, but I’m still on the fence about the conversion to 9mm. Some say just a barrel, some say just a barrel & mags, and still others a barrel, mags, RSA, and extractor. If having a 9mm was really important to me, I think I’d just get a dedicated 9mm pistol.
Same here.

· Premium Member
640 Posts
I was a bit hesitant about the .357 barrel swap,until I shot the first box of ammo out of it.I have a 43x and newly acquires S&W 9mm and I,like stated above don't think I'd swap to a 9mm barrel.I have 9 Glocks,a Poly 80 9mm project to choose from and am looking at a 45 or 48 for one of my next buys. Still going to get my revolver next though.. then back to Glock buying...lol

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Took the oem .357 sig barrel I carried for years in my 27.3, & then put it in my gen.4 27. I bought the 27.4 the first year it came out. I really wanted a real 33.4, but couldn’t find one at the time. So 2 different 27’s over several years with same oem 33 barrel has shot flawlessly! My .357 sig subcompact is my edc pistol around 95% of the time. Love .357 Sig!!!

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I have a FS 1.0 M&P .40 with a 40 to 357 SIG barrel in it. I also have 2-357 mags loaded with Winchester Ranger T-Series 125 gr. JHP's that go with that M&P.
White Black Style Art Font

Mine pretends to be a full size with the xgrip spacer that actually came with the gun. It came with a full size mag & spacer, then the finger extension mag, & flush. It was a weird package deal.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.