Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
What is the recoil like of the .357 sig in a 26 frame compared to the .40 in a 27 frame??

I have a P80 G26 frame that I leaning towards making into a G33, just because I don't have one.
I prefer .357 sig over .40 in the subcompact due to the .40 S&W snapping upward, making follow up shots harder. The .357 Sig for me, pushes backwards & breaks right, naturally falling back on target. This is just my personal perception of the recoils of both calibers. What is fact is that .357 sig is very fast, flat shooting round. I personally find it to be very accurate. I personally can’t hit the broad side of a barn with my second shot of 40 S&W out of my 27. In summary, it’s all personal preference.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Does the Sig round have the sharp report that the .357 Magnum has?

It may just be my perception but I always felt like the .357 M was absolutely ear splitting compared to .45 acp, .45 Colt or 9mm.
I don’t notice it like I do .357 magnum. Maybe due to platform of firearm. Revolvers are louder, imho. That BFR 45/70 government pistol is ridiculous to be next to when fired.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
Always wear ear pro so not sure on sounding different.
I don’t think there’s all that much difference between the feel of the .40 v .357Sig. I shot a match many years ago. The deputies were all shooting .40 out of Glock 22s and I was shooting the 31. They assumed I was shooting a Glock 22 but all came up to me asking what kind of ammo I was shooting as it was that different both audibly and visually.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I don’t think there’s all that much difference between the feel of the .40 v .357Sig. I shot a match many years ago. The deputies were all shooting .40 out of Glock 22s and I was shooting the 31. They assumed I was shooting a Glock 22 but all came up to me asking what kind of ammo I was shooting as it was that different both audibly and visually.
Out of a 22 I can shoot .40 pretty accurate. Also my 226 X5 is .40 S&W. Shoots like 9mm.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Copied from internet:

THERE IS ALSO SOME ARGUMENT AS TO WHICH ONE HAS MORE FELT RECOIL.

They are very similar in this regard. Both are fairly snappy if shot from similar firearms. For this shooter it was always to close to tell. The excess muzzle blast from the .357 Sig may make you think it is kicking harder but not by much (if at all).

So you see both rounds are good rounds. With today’s modern ammunition you can find bullets specifically designed for personal defense, target practice, or even hunting. If you are thinking of picking either one of these, you need to weigh them for yourself and decide which one will suit your purpose.

The cool part is that both rounds come from the same initial casing. There are conversion kits that can easily change your existing Glock 32 or SIG Sauer p320 chambered in .40 S&W to .357 Sig and vice a versa. This could give you the chance to try out both and see which one you like without the full expense of another pistol. Modern magazines for either one should feed both types of rounds but be sure to check with your manufacturer.

· Super Moderator
58,750 Posts
What ear pro do you use?

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
What ear pro do you use?
So probably in the mid 1990’s I made the decision to get electronic ear pro. Back then they were all expensive, around $100+. I bought a set made by North. Been using them ever since but the foam inside the ear cups disintegrated and the foam on the outside mics are tan now.
Since prices have dropped along the years I picked up a Howard Leight pair and 2 Walker Razors. I keep a pair of foam plugs in the truck just in case.

· Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,087 Posts
Since prices have dropped along the years I picked up a Howard Leight pair and 2 Walker Razors. I keep a pair of foam plugs in the truck just in case.
Both the wife & I have the Howard Leight, we love 'em

Reactions: Lucian_253

· Registered
3,746 Posts
You’d be surprised by amount of panhandlers and grifters that hit up the churches. The church I work at operates a soup kitchen and other aid operations at different locations. Despite that some keep coming asking for money instead of food, shelter or clothing. Not unlike this guy!
Hope none of them see this as an option.
Funny thing happened at our church a few years ago. A homeless man broke into the church and found the communion wine. He was found passed out right under the crucifix at the front of the church.

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
I never give money to beggars. If they ask for food I will give them food.
I just give them advice. GO WHERE IT'S WARM!! At least I did my homeless stint in National Parks in the summer and fall, then 'frisco for the winter. :rolleyes:

I just have 9's and .45's. 7 of the first, 3 of the latter. Closest to a Glock in .45 is my P80, which is based on the 21. My smaller 9's kick harder than my .45's. 45acp recoil has been termed a "push" by some, and I'd agree. Not a snap, reminds me of .308 out of my M1A as opposed to the RPR.

· Gunslinger
G27
11,424 Posts
If you buy a .357 sig platform Glock you can buy a barrel & shoot 40 S&W, or conversion barrel & 9mm mags. It’s an easy 3 caliber gun for not a whole lot more money.
The G22 will provide all three calibers and is I expect less expensive. Especially with the glut of LEO G22 trade-ins on the market right now.

· Registered
3,746 Posts
The G22 will provide all three calibers and is I expect less expensive. Especially with the glut of LEO G22 trade-ins on the market right now.
I’ve been real happy with the .357 Sig conversion on my G22, but I’m still on the fence about the conversion to 9mm. Some say just a barrel, some say just a barrel & mags, and still others a barrel, mags, RSA, and extractor. If having a 9mm was really important to me, I think I’d just get a dedicated 9mm pistol.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I’ve been real happy with the .357 Sig conversion on my G22, but I’m still on the fence about the conversion to 9mm. Some say just a barrel, some say just a barrel & mags, and still others a barrel, mags, RSA, and extractor. If having a 9mm was really important to me, I think I’d just get a dedicated 9mm pistol.
I have ran my G23, and G27 with zero malfunctions running 9mm. Some people obsess over a non problem with no basis. Barrel and mags is all I have done. Nothing wrong with getting a G17!! I had a 17 before I got my 22.

When the FHP switches out their G37's for whatever, my brother wants to buy his. He can do a slide swap to become a 9mm. May or may not have to swap the ejector.

Reactions: LElliott and Bayou
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.