Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a 19, 43 & 48. Not sure why I bought the 48?? I had to put houge grips on to make it feel correct. Kinda defeats the 48 concept. Now I want something with a little more attitude like a .357 or .45, any thoughts?

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I already have a 19, 43 & 48. Not sure why I bought the 48?? I had to put houge grips on to make it feel correct. Kinda defeats the 48 concept. Now I want something with a little more attitude like a .357 or .45, any thoughts?
If you buy a .357 sig platform Glock you can buy a barrel & shoot 40 S&W, or conversion barrel & 9mm mags. It’s an easy 3 caliber gun for not a whole lot more money.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
If you like the 19 size, the 32 would probably be best compromise between size, & perceived/ felt recoil. The 33 is a pocket rocket!

· Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
766 Posts
If you buy a .357 sig platform Glock you can buy a barrel & shoot 40 S&W, or conversion barrel & 9mm mags. It’s an easy 3 caliber gun for not a whole lot more money.
my buddy did that, I think he converted from.40 to .357 same mag just changed the barrel. I shot it I think it felt awesome. Only thing he hates is the barrel from Wolf and the thread protector, the protector obviously screws on but nothing to keep it from loosening up while you shoot it. We saw another manufacturers (FN)? thread protector and it had a tiny O-ring that when tightened against the barrel would not let it loosen.

· Premium Member
14,913 Posts
my buddy did that, I think he converted from.40 to .357 same mag just changed the barrel. I shot it I think it felt awesome. Only thing he hates is the barrel from Wolf and the thread protector, the protector obviously screws on but nothing to keep it from loosening up while you shoot it. We saw another manufacturers (FN)? thread protector and it had a tiny O-ring that when tightened against the barrel would not let it loosen.
I run an oem Glock 33 barrel in my 27. My actual 27 .40 S&W barrel has less then 50 rounds through it.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
.357 Sigggy Wigggy. Will get a surge because dude in White Settlement whacked a mad man in the brain bucket with one.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
I don’t see that happening. Even a 380 woulda got that job done.

maybe.
A .22 would have done the job. Sad that a person with mental illness had to die doing something this evil. Proper treatment might have saved several lives in this instance.

They had given this guy food in the past.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,346 Posts
A .22 would have done the job. Sad that a person with mental illness had to die doing something this evil. Proper treatment might have saved several lives in this instance.
They had given this guy food in the past.
You’d be surprised by amount of panhandlers and grifters that hit up the churches. The church I work at operates a soup kitchen and other aid operations at different locations. Despite that some keep coming asking for money instead of food, shelter or clothing. Not unlike this guy!
Hope none of them see this as an option.

· Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,087 Posts
What is the recoil like of the .357 sig in a 26 frame compared to the .40 in a 27 frame??

I have a P80 G26 frame that I leaning towards making into a G33, just because I don't have one.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.