Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an FDE Glock 21 Gen 4 that is great but the case was different than what I had seen in the past with all my other glocks. It had smooth foam in the case instead of the egg shell type foam I normally see in glock cases. I had the same case with my 30 Gen 4. Has anyone else seen this? Or know why there was a different type of case? Thanks in advance.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Post a picture please. So we can help, I want to see it. I have never seen a glock case with smooth foam

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I thought. The sales guy said he didn't know he just assumed glock made different cases. But here's a few pics I took them with my ipad so I hope they can be seen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a better pic I just took with my phone. I'm just wondering what's going on with this. Is Glock starting to produce both types now? Or what? Lol. Did I get a defective case or something? Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The only factory cases I remember seeing with smoof foam was the 25th anniversary 17 which also had cut-outs for the gun and spare magazine. Where were the books and spent casing located in the case? I didn't see them in your photos. Are these guns new or pre-owned?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are new. The books were under the shorter foam peice in the pocket as I like to call it. I took the books, rod, and all out to take the pics. So I haven't a clue why I got the smooth foam.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just talked to Glock technical service and it seems that the smooth foam will become more common as its something new their doing. I don't know why it seemed that the others were better. I'll see what else I can find out about it though.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Sounds as if they may have changed the type of foam they're using. I purchased several Glocks last month that all had the egg/waffle looking stuff. WHo knows? If it works, that's what's important. Thanks for passing on this bit of info, I will be looking to see if I see any. Any idea when your guns were test fired? Are the Austrian or US built?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they work but they are both this year and Austrian made. I know the test dates are really recent but I'm not sure of the exact dates. I'll post them once I get home though. And happy to pass this along. It seemed really odd to me as I to have purchased a few here lately and these two are the first to have the smooth foam vs the egg shell foam. If you do find any like this please pass along the info. I'm curious as to if Glock is switching to this type completely

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the case to me Glock 20 Gen 4. It has the egg shell design with a test date of 1/23/13. So I guess it's really recent that this began. At least that's what I ascertain from the details on hand.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya know, I hadn't considered that lol. But the minute I read this I went and checked the cases and they're smooth top and bottom, lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts