Glock Carbine

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by thomasjefferson, Jul 15, 2012.

1. thomasjefferson

thomasjefferson New Member

If you look on www.zahal.org there is an awesome Glock shoulder stock ($109) and a fore grip ($?) which turns the almighty full size models, i.e. G17,22,20 etc. into a formidable, carbine in seconds. Add the high capacity magazines, red dot system, and with a strong caliber like 10mm, you have a formidable 150+ meter range weapon that is reliable,powerful enough, extremely light, and very easily hidden. There are videos on there website that shows the system being used in a tactical situation.

I love it!

The problem is, it becomes a SBR, short barreled rifle when attached and therefore it must be registered with the BATF.

However, on YouTube.com, krazy45cat has a 16" barrel from Impulse Gun Barrels in Austria. I can't find the place to order one online.

Does anyone know where I can find a 16" barrel?

Can I buy the stock and keep it in my home legally but not attach it (until the zombie attack occurs, LoL) ??

I don't like the RONI or HERA type carbine systems. They defeat the purpose of lightweight, minimalist, philosophy Glock was built on. They also add weight and cost a lot more but don't increase the bullet speed like a 16" Barrell will.

I could buy a carbine but will it be reliable as a Glock? (no!) It will cost more too!

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Simply owning the parts is not illegal. The act of installing them and possessing an unregistered NFA weapon is...

3. No cause the zombie apocalypses will never happen! :D

Welcome to the forum by the way!

4. thomasjefferson

I'm not talking about the "undead or walking dead"! I mean the zombies in Walmart, at McDonalds etc. the same ones that will vote our 2nd Amendment away... The zombies on welfare that will go bazerk once the system breaks down and quits feeding them.

The zombies are real!

5. but we legal can't kill them! ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  6. thomasjefferson

I was speaking in a self defensive manner!

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Please don't give out information about NFA when you are not sure what you are giving, it can land someone in prison.

look at the very last one of the FAQs on the BATF website
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Never say never :)

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I apologize. I was going off what my friend told me, he is a class three manufacturer. Learn something new with all these NFA guidelines every day.

PS. It is (collectively) your duty to look up the law and it would be your fault for going to prison if you listened to some guy on the Internet, no matter how creditable they may seem. Please ask a lawyer if you are unsure, or even call the ATF for clarification.

I apologize for the lack of information on my part and will try to do better. None of us are perfect.

Are NFA weapons even legal in your state?

10. bhale187

no harm/no foul as they say, and don't take that as in insult, a dig, or anything else; just trying to keep someone out of trouble over a BS law. BTW, it is perfectly legal for a licensed SOT manufacturer or dealer to have the parts on hand before they have a stamp for the item, just not legal for mere mortal citizens to do it........go figure.

Calling the BATF before you 'pull the trigger' on any potentially NFA item is damn good advise, you can never be too careful with alphabet agencies.

The only NFAs legal in Illinois are AOWs, but I have alot of friends n neighboring states who are heavy into NFAs.

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

No harm or foul, I hate to say it but calling agencies is actually pretty helpful...

Gunna give my friend a call later to clarify with him what exactly he meant... Lol

12. thomasjefferson

I'm in North Carolina. What about a 16" barrel? Does anyone know where to get one?

I've emailed impulse barrels but the email was kicked back.

13. bhale187

Heres a link for impulse, they charge over $300 for the barrel, and I am not sure they even ship to the US though.

http://www.mdwguns.com/IGB.html

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Cheaper to pay for the permit...

15. thomasjefferson

But if I pay $200 for the permit, doesn't the ATF have the right to search anytime? Also, I think the stock has to stay with that particular serial number? I REALLY don't like Feds. They are like cancer, they continually spread. Id hate to feed that fungus with any money.

Plus, according to the damn ATF rule, even with the impulse 16" barrel, I still might technically have to register it as an SBR because of the possibility of the "intent" to manufacture an SBR!

When citizens fear the government their is tyranny!!! You all know we shouldn't even have to have this conversation when it's our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

The thing is my wife and I go to Alaska frequently. The 10mm with 16" barrel will be more accurate & a little extra power, (100ft per second) for the brown bears yet light enough to pack down to get through the airport. We always backpack and fly, no rental car so a big .308 win in a case is not desirable. Not for a long hike either...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012