Glock Forum banner

Glock Came into Use

5K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  JRingo 
#1 ·
So my Glock finally had some playing time. This past Friday, I went to meet up with a couple of my friends at a local bar after work. When I arrived, it started down pouring so I rush into the bar. I thought I lock my doors..but I guess not. Anyway, when my friend and I left the bar for the night I saw that my passenger door was open and a leg was hanging out. I thought it was my female friend waiting for me. As I approach the door, I saw a strange male rummaging through my consoles and departments. Out came the glock (glock 19 to be exact). I pointed my gun directly at his head. My muzzle was literally 5 inches away from his face. When he saw me, it was like he saw a ghost. I asked him what is he doing in my car (it was more rated r, but I'll keep it pg-13 for this forum). He said he was gonna sleep in my car. He must of thought i was born yesterday or something. Anyway I told him to get out and put his hands on his wall and don't move. I did a quick search in my car to see anything was missing. But I was more focus on keeping him at gun point. Anyway, I told him to get loss and that he won't be so lucky next time.

#4 · (Edited)
You got out there at just the right time! You even handled the situation with excellent composure. My only question is (I am in no way questioning your judgement, state of mind, or story so please dont take it that way.) how would a court system work if you had to take his life because of a dumb decision on HIS part? Another question is how do you judge your alcohol content and your ability to make correct judgement calls? (once again not directed at the OP, just questions that have came to my mind.
Edit: to explain myself better, HD scenario, you had 3-4 beers and are awakened to a man in your house, how does that play out as far as judgement calls and the LEO, court, and jury outlook.

#5 ·
Those are good points and I totally agree. That's why I didn't "off" the guy. I only had 2 beers. And 2 beers doesn't affect my judgement, trust me. It wasn't worth it. To go through the whole trial. It's not what happen that matter, is what you can prove in court what you did was right/justice that matter.

#8 ·
Be very very careful holding someone at gun point if you do not call the cops. The idea is to escape the situation, holding someone at gun point unless to wait for the police (and if they have a weapon imo) could be very bad.

Glad it all went well and you are safe

#10 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
Be very very careful holding someone at gun point if you do not call the cops. The idea is to escape the situation, holding someone at gun point unless to wait for the police (and if they have a weapon imo) could be very bad.

Glad it all went well and you are safe
Yeah I will keep that in mind. I wasn't sure if the guy had a weapon on him or not. I had him keep his hands up throughout the situation so he couldn't reach for anything if he did had one. He happen to be some homeless guy who got away with less than a dollar in quarter and my favorite $8 Coleman flashlight from Walmart. Hah

#11 ·
Im glad you didnt take it the wrong way and I agree 2 beers isnt enough for me to not make sound decisions. That being said I dont want to think about how hard of a battle it would be to prove that in court. Another thing is what if he would have pulled a weapon and you HAD to take his life what do you from there? Do you talk to a lawyer before you make a statement? Do you volunteer for a BAC test to prove innocence and take a chance on it being used against you? These are serious questions I have, I occasionally drink and have a gun for HD. What do you do when you are clearly within reason of the law but have alcohol in your system?

#13 ·
Yeah I will keep that in mind. I wasn't sure if the guy had a weapon on him or not. I had him keep his hands up throughout the situation so he couldn't reach for anything if he did had one. He happen to be some homeless guy who got away with less than a dollar in quarter and my favorite $8 Coleman flashlight from Walmart. Hah
Don't get me wrong not at ALL questioning you, when faced with these things you do what you have to do. just something that came to my paranoid mind ;)

#15 ·
For the question on home defense if you drink then go to bed and wake up to an intruder I think it depends on the state and it's castle doctrine laws. In Colorado we have the law called make my day which allows deadly force against an intruder no matter what with protection from prosecution. So if someone comes in my house I could be belligerently drunk and still kill them. Same goes for anything (medical marijuana, prescription drugs, etc. ). Being drunk on your own property is not illegal anywhere in America as far as I know so no matter what's in your blood stream I believe that you don't lose the right to self defense. Sure would be unamerican if you did. You can't help that someone is trying to cause you a bad time while you're trying to have a good time lol

#17 ·
jakedrennan45 said:
For the question on home defense if you drink then go to bed and wake up to an intruder I think it depends on the state and it's castle doctrine laws. In Colorado we have the law called make my day which allows deadly force against an intruder no matter what with protection from prosecution. So if someone comes in my house I could be belligerently drunk and still kill them. Same goes for anything (medical marijuana, prescription drugs, etc. ). Being drunk on your own property is not illegal anywhere in America as far as I know so no matter what's in your blood stream I believe that you don't lose the right to self defense. Sure would be unamerican if you did. You can't help that someone is trying to cause you a bad time while you're trying to have a good time lol
Hahahah I like that "You can't help that someone is trying to cause you a bad time while you're trying to have a good time lol".

#21 ·
In most states you are not suppost to drink while using your CCW privileges outside the home states allow you to carry in a place that sells alcohol and even allow you to consume a small amount however in home defense these rules that you agree to when being issued a CCW permit do not apply in the home in most cases but if I was at home and someone broke in I would not shoot unless he had a weapon if I had been drinking

#22 ·
blackwolffcf said:
Here in AZ we have a zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol and firearms... Wondering about the HD scenario myself... Castle doctrine and self defense justification laws say nothing about intoxication... And no case law that I know of... Hmmm...
In MI it's only if you're intoxicated (except for CCW holders). It's called possession while intoxicated... FELONY...

#23 · (Edited)
This is a tough decision/scenario. This was a property crime and as much as it sucks, I don't think you could legally use your CPL in MI. Technically, you were not in any danger and could have avoided the situation. Was the intruder in the wrong? Without a doubt.

I'm glad everything worked out and no one was hurt.

#24 ·
Re: HD scenario and shooter has consumed alcohol.

There isn't a prosecutor alive whou'd try to convince a jury that a homeowner has no right to defend their property against intruders just because the homeowner decided to have a six pack at home after work before some schmuck decided to break into the house.

#25 ·
CountryMick said:
Re: HD scenario and shooter has consumed alcohol.

There isn't a prosecutor alive whou'd try to convince a jury that a homeowner has no right to defend their property against intruders just because the homeowner decided to have a six pack at home after work before some schmuck decided to break into the house.
I agree but I'd really like to know as well. From a lawyer or Leo. I live in pa and do enjoying drinkin at home. But if I where to wake to someone in my home I want to know if im still feeling it if I am able to act of not as well

#26 ·
I have had a experience with alcohol and guns. Out target shooting in my back yard some one called police because of the noise ( I'm way out on the dirt roads of Michigan) I was in no way doing anything illegal by shooting just some a hole called in. The police officer shows up and does breath test and I blew .06 and he took my gun and gave me a misdemeanor for attempted possession while under the influence. never got the gun back and had 6 months probation when all said and done. So I have not had a drink since. I like my guns more than a buzz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.