Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So im new to building glocks. Im building my first one and cant get the trigger installed properly. I can put it in but the trigger wont move. Anyone know what im doing wrong?
Air gun Trigger Sleeve Gesture Finger

·
Legitimate Combatant
6,098 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I would check out Marine Gun Builder on YouTube, plenty of good info there.
Post back with a bit more info.
Johnny Glocks also for some good advice.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hello. So im new to building glocks. Im building my first one and cant get the trigger installed properly. I can put it in but the trigger wont move. Anyone know what im doing wrong?
You mean besides it's not a Glock??

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
No, never shot one as I've never seen anyone in USPSA or IDPA ever show up with one.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
All you can say is they certainly don't exist in USPSA/IDPA/Steel Challenge or 3 gun competitions. Doesn't mean they don't run, but then I've never seen a HiPoint used in competition either....

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Yea, I get the grip angle. I see it also has a 1911 beaver tail grip and a 3 pin locking block integrated in the front rail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Toad, you’ve been here 3-months and decided to disrespect a guy who has been shooting competition for 50 years.
No disrespect Supermod.
He gets it. Superior grip angle, beavertail and 3 pin locking block. And there are internal improvements over stock too.
Old dawgs like me learn too even if the learning curve flattens out a bit..

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Thank you Beach. I only compete and easily forget how many other gun owners there are out there. 2020 US estimates are 393 million, and yet the 2 largest action pistol (semi auto) venues combined, USPSA (US only) and IDPA (including the rest of the world), only have about 61,000 members.... SO, that is a meager .0002% of the US total! A fractional fraction. I suspect even if you lumped all the shooting disciplines together, Bullseye, PPC, hunter silhouette, GSSF, Steel Challenge, 3gun and USPSA Multi Gun, F class rifle, trap, skeet, sporting clays, cowboy action, black powder games, local action and steel matches, it would still be far less that .0005%

But because competitors tend to shoot 4-8 matches a month, averaging 200 rounds per match, we see what is the most reliable of all the guns available. And what works at a static indoor range, doesn't always work so well under stress of shooting a match. Even high quality guns, for example, the H&K, is a very poor choice for competition compared to the other choices out there.

"393 million, this amounts to "120.5 firearms for every 100 residents." But I don't own any 1/2 guns......

·
Super Moderator
63,993 Posts
Thank you Beach. I only compete and easily forget how many other gun owners there are out there. 2020 US estimates are 393 million, and yet the 2 largest action pistol (semi auto) venues combined, USPSA (US only) and IDPA (including the rest of the world), only have about 61,000 members.... SO, that is a meager .0002% of the US total! A fractional fraction. I suspect even if you lumped all the shooting disciplines together, Bullseye, PPC, hunter silhouette, GSSF, Steel Challenge, 3gun and USPSA Multi Gun, F class rifle, trap, skeet, sporting clays, cowboy action, black powder games, local action and steel matches, it would still be far less that .0005%

But because competitors tend to shoot 4-8 matches a month, averaging 200 rounds per match, we see what is the most reliable of all the guns available. And what works at a static indoor range, doesn't always work so well under stress of shooting a match. Even high quality guns, for example, the H&K, is a very poor choice for competition compared to the other choices out there.

"393 million, this amounts to "120.5 firearms for every 100 residents." But I don't own any 1/2 guns......
Not to mention you’re an engineer as well. A great long time source here on the GF.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Toad, you’ve been here 3-months and decided to disrespect a guy who has been shooting competition for 50 years.
Ummm…kinda true. I’m a member of 4 different gun clubs in CT, OH, KY, and VT. Know plenty of competitors. The only gun that exists is the brand they are using…and are quite loud about it. That said, I don’t know SixGs and am sure he’s really on the up and up as he replied quite helpfully to my first post here.
As for Toad…are you the guy I know from Subguns?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello. So im new to building glocks. Im building my first one and cant get the trigger installed properly. I can put it in but the trigger wont move. Anyone know what im doing wrong? View attachment 259782
I’m doing the same thing and ran into the same problem. No trigger action to speak of. I have a very minor click, and the cruciform does not fall completely down into the recess. Also using a Pyramid trigger and double diamond connector. I’ve found that the trigger is hitting the drop in rail in the back of the P-80 frame just a smidge. I have NOT adjusted anything yet, still looking it over. Glockstore advised me when I ordered the trigger, I may have to bend or file the firing pin part of the cruciform and if I did, IF I DID, it wipes the warranty. Not really concerned about that. I have a machine shop and I’m not afraid to use it. I’ll let you know what I find out. That’s kind of my main reason for being here.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Of the guys I know who tried to run Pyramid triggers in OEM Glocks ended up removing them. Now I have seen excellent results with Timneys new trigger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fail to see disrespect....maybe a little snark. Why point out it's not a Glock? That's obvious and the OP is looking for help from all of the knowledgeable people here. I've yet to someone fail to get some good help or suggestions here with P80 builds, but there is always 1 or 2 that have to disparage the P80 within the first few posts.

Reactions: BlackGuns4Fun

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, I’ve now gotten the P-80 trigger assembly to work whereas the Pyramid trigger still fails to drop completely down and clear the firing pin. I took a burr off the rail bend and very slightly rounded the front right edge of the back slide rail insert. Perhaps a further trimming might permit the Pyramid trigger to function, however I’m stopping here at this point to get the P-80 functional. I’ll most likely do something with the Glockstore trigger after I’m satisfied the P-80 is reliable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK, I’ve now gotten the P-80 trigger assembly to work whereas the Pyramid trigger still fails to drop completely down and clear the firing pin. I took a burr off the rail bend and very slightly rounded the front right edge of the back slide rail insert. Perhaps a further trimming might permit the Pyramid trigger to function, however I’m stopping here at this point to get the P-80 functional. I’ll most likely do something with the Glockstore trigger after I’m satisfied the P-80 is reliable.
The best trigger I've found is the Wilson Combat trigger.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts