Glock barrel conversion kit

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by g35g27maniac, Feb 15, 2012.

1. g35g27maniac

g35g27maniac New Member

Hey guys, I use a G35 for my duty gun and have recently go into competition shooting. I use my G35 for the comps to better my skills in case I get into an OIS (Officer involved shooting). We all know 40 S&W costs more than 9mm and I don't have money to reload yet, so I was wanting to get a conversion kit to shoot 9mm. Any suggestions on brands that work well?

Thanks

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

No suggestion on brands, but all you'll need is a .40-9mm conversion barrel for the G35 and some G17 magazines.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Lone Wolf and KKM both make good barrels (the KKM will be more pricey) plus you can shoot cast bullets out of them if that means anything to you.

4. Heard good things about the Lone Wolf 40-9 kit

5. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

+1 on the Lone Wolf. I plan on getting one myself.

6. g35g27maniac

g35g27maniac New Member

Thanks for the advice guys! I have heard good things about lone wolf myself.

jimmyalbretch: in quick words, whats the plus of cast bullets?

7. jimmyalbrecht

For one: you can make them yourself by casting them, so they're cheaper. Some say they are more accurate, and they are solid lead so they will reduce a chance of ricochet because they will flatten upon impact to a steel target every time. Very beneficial if you're into reloading.

8. jimmyalbrecht

Forgot to mention, you can cast them to the exact size of your barrel for a better fit, that's where the accuracy increase comes from.

9. g35g27maniac

g35g27maniac New Member

Thanks, and good point. I will eventually get into reloading so I appreciate the advice with the more expensive barrel.

10. jimmyalbrecht

No problemo, you absolutely SHOULD not shoot cast bullets through the stock Glock barrel.

11. rjrivero

rjrivero New Member

Be sure to check the rules before you drop your $$ on a Conversion barrel. Some competitions allow them, some don't. It'll depend on what class you shoot and what discipline you're shooting. (Some groups consider a 40-9 conversion barrel a "bull barrel" which gives the shooter the unfair advantage of added weight.

Well, you cast to the size of the mould, then you can run them through a sizing die to squeeze them down to the right size. Reloading is a fun hobby in and of itself.

FWIW, this is a G35 with a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and a Trident-9. (Top rig) The one on the bottom is a P22 with a Gemtech Alpine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  12. JPochron

JPochron New Member

I would go LoneWolf they have great prices I have their ported barrel in my Glock 23 and no problems with it.

Joe

13. gunoil

gunoil New Member

storm lake barrel only! lil' more money

14. pepatrick

pepatrick New Member

Just bought a brand new G22 G4. Also got the LW .40 to 9mm conversion. The first mag misfed every other bullet, but after that I have put about 250 rounds through it without a problem.

15. gunoil

gunoil New Member

shoot cast thru storm lake barrel 9mm. more $ than LW barrel though, about 175$, get the best.

16. jimmyalbrecht

Do you work for Storm Lake or something? Many people have used Lone Wolf for $75 cheaper, and they are very reliable. You don't have to comment the same thing every time someone recommends a Lone Wolf barrel.

17. Just order the lone wolf barrel through cheaper than dirt web site for $99.95 plus shipping. It did receive great reviews. The other barrel companies were alot more, but they also got great reviews. It just depends on which one you want! I order it for my glock 35.

18. gunoil

gunoil New Member

yea breach, dont think you are the admin. say you are a member. my opinions are welcome her. you got it!
    You work for LW? I dont work for them, i think they are the best and what i want......brecht, people like you screw up forums all the time. All members are allowed to tell what kind of aftermarket parts they use as many times as they want too. I would not forget that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  19. Nope, just a gun enthusiast!! Hopefully the barrel will arrive today.

20. g35g27maniac

g35g27maniac New Member

Thanks for the help guys! Gunoil, chill out man. No need for name Calling