Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I use a G35 for my duty gun and have recently go into competition shooting. I use my G35 for the comps to better my skills in case I get into an OIS (Officer involved shooting). We all know 40 S&W costs more than 9mm and I don't have money to reload yet, so I was wanting to get a conversion kit to shoot 9mm. Any suggestions on brands that work well?

Thanks

· Banned
766 Posts
Heard good things about the Lone Wolf 40-9 kit

· Glockn Rollin
2,647 Posts
For one: you can make them yourself by casting them, so they're cheaper. Some say they are more accurate, and they are solid lead so they will reduce a chance of ricochet because they will flatten upon impact to a steel target every time. Very beneficial if you're into reloading.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For one: you can make them yourself by casting them, so they're cheaper. Some say they are more accurate, and they are solid lead so they will reduce a chance of ricochet because they will flatten upon impact to a steel target every time. Very beneficial if you're into reloading.
Thanks, and good point. I will eventually get into reloading so I appreciate the advice with the more expensive barrel.

· Registered
35 Posts
Be sure to check the rules before you drop your $$ on a Conversion barrel. Some competitions allow them, some don't. It'll depend on what class you shoot and what discipline you're shooting. (Some groups consider a 40-9 conversion barrel a "bull barrel" which gives the shooter the unfair advantage of added weight.

Forgot to mention, you can cast them to the exact size of your barrel for a better fit, that's where the accuracy increase comes from.
Well, you cast to the size of the mould, then you can run them through a sizing die to squeeze them down to the right size. Reloading is a fun hobby in and of itself.

FWIW, this is a G35 with a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and a Trident-9. (Top rig) The one on the bottom is a P22 with a Gemtech Alpine.

· Glockn Rollin
2,647 Posts
shoot cast thru storm lake barrel 9mm. more $ than LW barrel though, about 175$, get the best.
Do you work for Storm Lake or something? Many people have used Lone Wolf for $75 cheaper, and they are very reliable. You don't have to comment the same thing every time someone recommends a Lone Wolf barrel.

· Banned
372 Posts
Just order the lone wolf barrel through cheaper than dirt web site for $99.95 plus shipping. It did receive great reviews. The other barrel companies were alot more, but they also got great reviews. It just depends on which one you want! I order it for my glock 35.

· Registered
22 Posts
yea breach, dont think you are the admin. say you are a member. my opinions are welcome her. you got it!
You work for LW? I dont work for them, i think they are the best and what i want......brecht, people like you screw up forums all the time. All members are allowed to tell what kind of aftermarket parts they use as many times as they want too. I would not forget that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.