Glock availability in the US

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Bill24, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Bill24

Bill24 New Member

Was in some gun shops last week and they are having a hard time keeping glocks in stock. Is glock catching up to the demand or are they going to remain difficult to come by for quite awhile?

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

My local gun shop has 0 new pistols in stock. So it’s not just Glock. It’s a hard to answer question. Depending on the Election outcome, social unrest, etc. If there is a Glock you really want. Your going to have to order it with some or all money down, I’m guessing. It’s not just the LGS’s inventory that’s gone. It’s the suppliers, & manufacturers that have almost 0 inventory. If Trump is re-elected with covid still a thing. I’ll predict 2 years before we see back to normal. If Biden is elected... I would say multiple years.

MyKey likes this.

3. Bill24

Bill24 New Member

If I place an order with a gun shop how quickly can they get the firearm on average? The problem with where I live is that before I can purchase a firearm I have to get a purchase authorization and its only good for thirty days, although I don't know if that means I just need to pay for the firearm within that thirty days or I need to have the firearm in hand within 30 days.

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Consult your local gun store.

GlockGhost and Lucian_253 like this.
  5. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I bought a Glock 44 last Friday at GT Distributors in Dallas. Got there 30 minutes before they opened and only two other people were there when they opened. I was first one in line and was in and out in 30 minutes. Did not have to have a background check with my LTC, but he said they were not taking much longer to do those than they used to.

He also said, they have plenty of Glocks, but having problems getting some of the other brands and have shortages and difficulty getting ammo. He said they almost could not get any .22 lr ammo. Glad I bought that before I bought the gun.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  6. Impala61

Impala61 Active Member

I have heard that the plant in Austria is running three 8 hour shifts, and that Glock US have shut down some departments and have moved those employees into production.

Bill24 and Lucian_253 like this.
  7. Depends..My son just got a new Glock 48 at a local Jax...they are 'out there', just scarce, as are all semis, it seems...

sean1250 likes this.
  8. 856johnjohn10mm

856johnjohn10mm New Member

I’m from jersey and recently received my gun license. Went to about 5 gun shops. 3 out of the five guns shops had less then ten guns in general to to choose from and none were glocks. One was about 2-3 glocks. Lastly the one I bought my Glock 20 had about 15 maybe give or take. They were well stocked. Went back about 2 weeks later for more magazines and ammo they had half the inventory. September 4th- last Thursday.

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome to the forum from a Jersey escapee residing in gun loving Texas!
    You should tell us a bit about yourself in the introduction section.

gasgas likes this.
  10. 856johnjohn10mm

856johnjohn10mm New Member

Thank you and just put something on there now.

Danzig likes this.
  11. Dragnet

Dragnet Member

Don’t they have a US plant?

12. Impala61

Impala61 Active Member

If you read my post, I mentioned the US plant (Glock US).

Dargun likes this.
  13. Dragnet

Dragnet Member

My bad, I missed the mention
    I hope they are able to maintain the quality
    Also police departments rotate their glocks every 10 to 12 years (budget allowing)n those orders get filled first

14. Son just saw a new Glock 17, Gen5, at a local gun store-$559...they are 'out there'...

Southlake likes this.