Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I locate a Glock Armorer??? I've done Google searches for gunsmiths, armorers, and Glock armorers in my area and everything that pop'd up was a gun dealer or a Glock dealer but non did any gunsmithing. I have some work I'd like done and don't have the tools to do it nor the experience (ie I'm not comfortable ripping something apart without knowing how). Some of it is simple and if I had the tools I could do it myself, but one thing I don't see how it comes apart and I don't wanna break something. What I want done is to have new sights installed & the old ones swapped onto a different Glock, a Glock extended slide release installed, and a Glock extended magazine release installed.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Did you try hitting the GSSF web site and looking for one? Also, if you join GSSF you can go to the class and become a Glock Armorer yourself. ;)
As far as the slide release and mag release you should be able to do those yourself, piece of cake, just look up a YouTube vid on how to do it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I did not try the GSSF site. I have been debating on becoming a Glock armorer but I can't quite justify spending $100 on the rear site tool to use it once. I am located in Randolph, WI. Everything that showed up in a Google search for stuff near me turned out to be just a dealer not an armorer.

·
109 Posts
...What I want done is to have new sights installed & the old ones swapped onto a different Glock, a Glock extended slide release installed, and a Glock extended magazine release installed.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGd6gnv4ICs&feature=plcp[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmqU5IykmIA&feature=plcp[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtrRaIbffjI&feature=plcp[/ame]

Hi, here are some videos that will show you how to do some of that you wanted. They are really easy to do yourself. Trust me, I did it myself and I know nothing about guns. These are from an online retail store, www.glockstore.com. Their prices are a little high, imho, but it is a very informative website.

As for wanting to switch out the sights, that I would think you need to go to a professional. I don't trust myself to do it myself. :D :p

edit: gosh, I hope it's okay to show the video from youtube. I thought I was just inserting a link. heehee

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
inspector13 said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I did not try the GSSF site. I have been debating on becoming a Glock armorer but I can't quite justify spending $100 on the rear site tool to use it once. I am located in Randolph, WI. Everything that showed up in a Google search for stuff near me turned out to be just a dealer not an armorer.
I'm in Sheboygan county. I was looking for someone to put sights on as well and this guy wanted $40, in Fond Du Lac
http://www.guardedarms.com/
I went with a guy 15 miles closer and $20 cheaper.

Might want to check him out, guy in FDL. He might even meet you half way from where you live, he offered me that anyway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So that is how you get the magazine release button out. Unfortunately yes it all looks easy (now that I know how to get the magazine release button out) but I don't have any punches to get the trigger pin out or to drift the rear sight out (I don't wanna start beating on it with a hammer). If it would cost more then the cost of the tools to do so I'd totally buy the rear sight tool and punches and do it myself.

Rick thanks for the link. That place didn't show up in my searches and Fond Du Lac is only like a 40 minute drive from my house. I'll send him an email.

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
inspector13 said:
So that is how you get the magazine release button out. Unfortunately yes it all looks easy (now that I know how to get the magazine release button out) but I don't have any punches to get the trigger pin out or to drift the rear sight out (I don't wanna start beating on it with a hammer). If it would cost more then the cost of the tools to do so I'd totally buy the rear sight tool and punches and do it myself.

Rick thanks for the link. That place didn't show up in my searches and Fond Du Lac is only like a 40 minute drive from my house. I'll send him an email.
A standard 3 punch set from Home Depot cost me 10 dollars and I can strip the gun down completely with them. I would HIGHLY recommend the investment on those. You can use them for any other gun you might get as well so they really will pay for themselves.
As for the sight replacement, we do have a vendor on here that is extremely reasonable for this service. He is Argyle Armoring. You can look him up in our vendor section.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
RRoss said:
As for the sight replacement, we do have a vendor on here that is extremely reasonable for this service. He is Argyle Armoring. You can look him up in our vendor section.
For something that little, I'd stay local. Why send your gun out for it to be gone 2 weeks for sights? It's cool to support a vendor but something that takes 20 minutes to put on and in your case a 40 minute drive stick around home. And you wont be gunless.
Just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.