Glock ammo question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by pbrause, May 23, 2012.

1. pbrause

pbrause New Member

I have a new Gock 21 Gen 4. I love it! Only 300 rounds through it and no misfires, FTF, FTE, etc...I'm not surprised. I bought it for the reliability. I was recently given a few boxes of Winchester 185gr "Silver Tip" Hollow Points. They don't look like JHP. I scratched one and it felt like the whole round was made of lead. Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know if this will "hurt" my new baby. I've already learned the hard way that steel cased wolf ammo occasionally jams in my AR. I figured the experience on this forum might save me similar trouble with the Glock. Thanks!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

From what I've heard the Winchester Silvertips use a nickel-plated copper jacket. Countless people have used them in Glocks with no problem, but there were some instances of KB's with the 10mm load used in G20's. It was likely some sort of quality control issue that led to severe overpressure, possibly a double-charged round. I've never heard of problems with them in other calibers in any firearm including Glocks.

3. pbrause

pbrause New Member

Thanks Voyager. I'm glad I can use the ammo.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome pbrause, I don't think I saw you in our intro section? Welcome, I f you get a chance go to the Introduction section and tell us a liitle about yourself, maybe some Glock pictures? Enjoy.

5. dutchs you ask for pics so much it reminds me of being 14 in the AOL chats for women seeking.....friends going "a/s/l? send me pics.....i promise i'm a girl".

I realized later in life that none of us were girls.

:D

6. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

7. Glock897

Glock897 Member

I forgot all about a/s/l. Lmao

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I love seeing the families, specially the young ones that soon grow into large families! Addiction perhaps, Perfection absolutely!!! Don't know about the rest, never been in any other forum.

9. Holy s*** a/s/l...I havent seen or used that in years. I just died laughing!

10. deadduck357

deadduck357 New Member

TX
    I didn't even know Win. was still making the Silver Tip, but I have shot it through my Glocks back when it was a popular round without any issues.

11. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

For target practice get the cheapest stuff you can find and shoot a ton of it.

12. pbrause

pbrause New Member

The boxes looked a little old fashioned that's why I asked. I had never heard of the stuff. My dad gave them to me with a about 1500 rounds of 7.62 for my AK 47. He even threw in a couple hundred rounds of 9mm. I didn't want to sound ungrateful so I asked you guys. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Yeah when All the PD's and Sheriffs were carrying it we got it for free so we shot the crap out of it. My G17 (1st Gen) never had a fouling problem!