Glock Firearms banner

Which single stack do you prefer?

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I own a Glock 17 and love it. My favorite gun. Purchase a Glock 26 for my primary carry. Didn’t like the feel and kick. The extended magazine was uncomfortable when I shot it. Purchase the Sig P365 and truly love everything about it. I’m still a Glock fan but now have a great appreciation for Sig. the gun is comfortable. Accurate. Smooth. Extended magazine is great. No negatives about this Sig as with my Glock 17.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I own a Glock 17 and love it. My favorite gun. Purchase a Glock 26 for my primary carry. Didn’t like the feel and kick. The extended magazine was uncomfortable when I shot it. Purchase the Sig P365 and truly love everything about it. I’m still a Glock fan but now have a great appreciation for Sig. the gun is comfortable. Accurate. Smooth. Extended magazine is great. No negatives about this Sig as with my Glock 17.
Get the 'feel' part but the 365 is 4 ounces lighter than the G26..the kick'??
I handled a 365 before I got my G26..felt to narrow to me. Like my G17, G26(mentioned) and son's G45...

·
Registered
12 Posts
In response.....The Glock seemed to kick more and the extended magazine seemed to rock making it uncomfortable to shoot. Yes, I believe it felt like it kicked more even though it has a bit more weight. The Sig seems to me to be a lot smoother over all. I put Sig's green laser on it, don't think this added too much weight to the over all gun but, it just seems, to me, to be a much smoother and easier gun to shoot. I'm 6'6" weight 220lbs and like you, I'm concerned about the feel of a gun in my hands....Hence, when I purchased the Glock 17, I handled a lot of guns before deciding on the Glock 17. It just feels right when I hold and shoot it. But, for conceal carry my preference is the Sig now, as my Glock 26 sits in the cabinet and I haven't fired a shot through it in years. I liked the Sig so much I decided to get a Sig Legion P226, which is similar to my Glock 17, but this is another discussion for another day.....Thanks for your input to this thread and HAPPY NEW and good shooting!

·
Registered
276 Posts
In response.....The Glock seemed to kick more and the extended magazine seemed to rock making it uncomfortable to shoot. Yes, I believe it felt like it kicked more even though it has a bit more weight. The Sig seems to me to be a lot smoother over all. I put Sig's green laser on it, don't think this added too much weight to the over all gun but, it just seems, to me, to be a much smoother and easier gun to shoot. I'm 6'6" weight 220lbs and like you, I'm concerned about the feel of a gun in my hands....Hence, when I purchased the Glock 17, I handled a lot of guns before deciding on the Glock 17. It just feels right when I hold and shoot it. But, for conceal carry my preference is the Sig now, as my Glock 26 sits in the cabinet and I haven't fired a shot through it in years. I liked the Sig so much I decided to get a Sig Legion P226, which is similar to my Glock 17, but this is another discussion for another day.....Thanks for your input to this thread and HAPPY NEW and good shooting!
I get that. My son just bought a Beretta 92FS, and altho about the same weight of my G17..think it feels much more 'snappy' than the G17..PLUS, really dislike the trigger takeup(about a country mile) when shooting in SA...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The first day I took my Glock 17 to the range.....I fired it some and walked the gun back to the gunsmith and asked what he could do something to the trigger. He did and put a Ghost Trigger on it.....Ever since that day, the Glock 17 is a wonderful shooting gun with a very soft easy trigger. What I prefer, but some don't...The only modification I've done to it is a Green Laser Max Guide Rod Laser. I had another laser on it...but it took up some room on the outside of the gun, which I didn't like. I'm a fan of Guide Rod lasers......

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I’ve long wanted to try the meprolight sight Danzig recently acquired ( pictured below). This new 365 looks like it is using something similar. I’m hoping that the SAS upper may fit the original p365 lower. I’ve read that some people love the mepro ft bullseye sight. Then I’ve read that others just don’t like them. I would definitely want to try before I buy!!

View attachment 178959
I have one(back in it's original pkg) great sight, but not for those wearing Bi-focal glasses. You have to bend your neck back to aim. Not a good stance. This is a young person's(No glasses) sight.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have one(back in it's original pkg) great sight, but not for those wearing Bi-focal glasses. You have to bend your neck back to aim. Not a good stance. This is a young person's(No glasses) sight.
oh my, I don’t wear bifocal but with my distance glasses on, I can’t at all focus on that rear sight (the only sight)
I can seen a green glow with my glasses on, but not a sharp pinpoint green dot within a green circle as when I sight with my glasses off.
I’m afraid my new Sig SAS slide will not work for me.
I just got done saying just about the same thing you did on another forum, suited for younger eyes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I need reading glasses and can't really see the sights sharp enough without them. However, I did put the bullseye sights on my Glock 17 and Sig Legion P226 and I am a big fan. I like the fact that Sig is putting this on the 365 and most likely when the slide is back in stock I'll order one and put this on my 365. With this said....when I shoot without glasses, training when I get up and don't put my glasses on and need to shoot I still can make out the green dot and center it easily....but, I still have green lasers on all my guns as backups or failsafe, so-to-speak.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The title to this thread is G48 vrs Sig 365 XL.
I did sidetrack a bit because I don’t own a Sig 365XL yet, just the 365.
I do have the G43 & 48, both of which I like.

Now, someone is making a 15 round magazine flush mount for the G48, does anyone make a flush fitting 10 round for the G43?

·
Registered
129 Posts

Now, someone is making a 15 round magazine flush mount for the G48, does anyone make a flush fitting 10 round for the G43?
Does this mean that the answer to this question (after so many crickets chirping for so long) is either “no” or “43x”.?

·
Registered
276 Posts

No, BUT +4 magazines/extensions abound, that make the 43 with a 10+1 'feel' pretty similar to the grip of the G43x and G48.

I looked hard at the G48, had a G43 and found I really like the grip with of the G26..then carry a G19 magazine with a sleeve..Gun height, etc. very similar to G43x and G48..so I get a similar HG to the 48/43x but 5 more rounds.

I don't think the flush 15r G43x/48 magazine has hit the streets yet..

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
.....Now, someone is making a 15 round magazine flush mount for the G48, does anyone make a flush fitting 10 round for the G43?
I guess no. That would make the G43 better.
I sold my G43 only because of the 6 rounds capacity. I didn’t want aftermarket magazines extensions.
I love my G43X and my G26, and would buy a G43 again if Glock comes out with a flush 10 rounds magazine or even a magazine with a boot similar to the G26+2 or the G30 magazines. Although a boot might make it the size of the G43X.

...Ok. Back to the original discussion...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I switch off my EDC between the 365 and my 43. I have a Taran Tac +1 and
+2 mags that make a big difference in the feel of the 43 in my hand. Enjoy shooting both. The 365 is a bit more snappy in my hand maybe because the grip is so slim, but it is a little more comfortable carrying. Number of rounds is not a game breaker for me as I carry an extra mag.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
I switch off my EDC between the 365 and my 43. I have a Taran Tac +1 and
+2 mags that make a big difference in the feel of the 43 in my hand. Enjoy shooting both. The 365 is a bit more snappy in my hand maybe because the grip is so slim, but it is a little more comfortable carrying. Number of rounds is not a game breaker for me as I carry an extra mag.
Ever try a Glock 26? Both the weight and thinness of the grips on both the 43 and 365 make them a non starter for me....plus the 'soft' recall of he 365. Weight because too snappy for me(gooned up RH wrist and thumb)..26(often with a G19 magazine), feels, carries and shoots great for me. Dimensionally the G26 very similar to 365..wider, but I like that.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I guess no. That would make the G43 better.
I sold my G43 only because of the 6 rounds capacity. I didn’t want aftermarket magazines extensions.
I love my G43X and my G26, and would buy a G43 again if Glock comes out with a flush 10 rounds magazine or even a magazine with a boot similar to the G26+2 or the G30 magazines. Although a boot might make it the size of the G43X.

...Ok. Back to the original discussion...
Sounds logical right?
If there is an aftermarket 15 round magazine for the 48, why not a 10 round for the 43.
Even my Ruger LC9 has a seven round magazine.

I do like both my G43 G48.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Considering buying the 365XL with RomeoZero optic ($679 + shipping and tax) Comparing that cost to getting both my 365 and 43 slides cut , and cerakoted, for the new Holosun HS407K optic (when they know where the screw holes go and can get them) for about same cost. THOUGHTS?

·
Super Moderator
60,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Considering buying the 365XL with RomeoZero optic ($679 + shipping and tax) Comparing that cost to getting both my 365 and 43 slides cut , and cerakoted, for the new Holosun HS407K optic (when they know where the screw holes go and can get them) for about same cost. THOUGHTS?
I have both the XL and the non XL. They fit my hand like a glove. I’m a big dot fan, but don’t need them for either of these.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts