Glock Firearms banner

Which single stack do you prefer?

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,742 Posts
So I got to shoot the P365xl & the new shield 4” barrel with red dot. I’d personally take the loss on rounds on the shield 4”. In comparison it is way better then the P365xl, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
The one gun I trust with my life more than any other I have is my 9mm shield.my shield has eaten every bullet I have fed it,well over two thousand rounds without a mishap with good accuracy.I have shot but do not own the p365 but I was impressed with its accuracy and little recoil for its size.some would say it is currently the best 9mm edc on the market today with those sights and trigger out of the box,along with its capacity in such a small package.and can be had for $500 or less.the 365 is on my radar.

·
Premium Member
12,742 Posts
The one gun I trust with my life more than any other I have is my 9mm shield.my shield has eaten every bullet I have fed it,well over two thousand rounds without a mishap with good accuracy.I have shot but do not own the p365 but I was impressed with its accuracy and little recoil for its size.some would say it is currently the best 9mm edc on the market today with those sights and trigger out of the box,along with its capacity in such a small package.and can be had for $500 or less.the 365 is on my radar.
I own the shield 9mm x 4, & the P365. I love them both, but carry my shield 9mm far more often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't have nor have I shot a 365. I have a Glock 43X that needs a new front sight to help with old eyes but otherwise is a pretty good pocket pistol. Not sure I want to invest in another small pistol. I do like my Shields (1.0 9mm and .45 acp) but they do require new triggers and sights up front as well as a lot of practice.

·
Premium Member
12,742 Posts
Don't have nor have I shot a 365. I have a Glock 43X that needs a new front sight to help with old eyes but otherwise is a pretty good pocket pistol. Not sure I want to invest in another small pistol. I do like my Shields (1.0 9mm and .45 acp) but they do require new triggers and sights up front as well as a lot of practice.
I have just the aluminum apex trigger on my carry shield, not the spring kit. My new shield 2.0 9mm has the oem tritium sights. I still need to do the apex trigger.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have a 365 it is tiny, I consider it my .380 in 9mm, once I get a good holster I'll start some times carrying it .

·
Registered
912 Posts
Me too, all I'm buying on mags now are the twelve rounder's, an XL grip and flat mag bases and I'm set up

Edit to add, finally got the XL grip, fitted for the manual safety, and is a big difference in the griping for me.

·
Premium Member
12,742 Posts
Me too, all I'm buying on mags now are the twelve rounder's, an XL grip and flat mag bases and I'm set up
Make sure they are the xl 12 rounders. They are different then the p365 12 rounders. The 15 rounders are the same for both. They come with different base plates I think?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I wouldn`t hesitate buying the P365, as long as it fits your needs. I bought one, 10,000rds thru it now, still running strong.
I`ve got glocks, i`ve got all the Shields. My favorite among them all, the Shield45 PC 4in barrel.

·
Registered
912 Posts
as I understand it the magazine body is the same is just the base plate for the XL that is different, I'll check some more. thanks

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I’m excited to try the P365 xl. I have a G48 that was given to me, but I don’t really care for it. It’s dependable and all I just don’t shoot it that well. I don’t shoot anything that well lately as I haven’t practiced much, but that’s about to change.
I still carry ye ole G19. I have tried all the challengers to come down the pike the last decade, but the one deciding factor to stay with the G19 was the size. The latest challenger and thus far the closest in size to it is the S&W Compact 2.0 which is a fine gun, but I always pick up the 19. However slight it’s still smaller and lighter than the 2.0. This P365 XL could be a game changer as long as it proves to be reliable and I shoot it as well as the 19 which I have shot dozens of cases of FMJ through.

·
Premium Member
12,742 Posts
I’m excited to try the P365 xl. I have a G48 that was given to me, but I don’t really care for it. It’s dependable and all I just don’t shoot it that well. I don’t shoot anything that well lately as I haven’t practiced much, but that’s about to change.
I still carry ye ole G19. I have tried all the challengers to come down the pike the last decade, but the one deciding factor to stay with the G19 was the size. The latest challenger and thus far the closest in size to it is the S&W Compact 2.0 which is a fine gun, but I always pick up the 19. However slight it’s still smaller and lighter than the 2.0. This P365 XL could be a game changer as long as it proves to be reliable and I shoot it as well as the 19 which I have shot dozens of cases of FMJ through.
When you get few hundred rounds down range. Please do a range report thread! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hold up on the p365 for those interested.p365 sas coming soon.about the same specs as the p365,wee bit less ht.improvements appear to be in the features.nice looking flush mounted bullseye sight.porter slide and barrel,no snag flat controls.nice looking pistol.maybe someone can help me out with a link.thanks.

·
Banned
867 Posts
I'm pretty new to guns and have been looking at different guns. The guy I talked to at GT Dist last week said he thought the Sig 365 XL had a history of failures and he would not use it for EDC. He says Glock is his EDC gun and switches between the Glock 19 and Glock 26.

Anyone here know about Sig problems ?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,838 Posts
I'm pretty new to guns and have been looking at different guns. The guy I talked to at GT Dist last week said he thought the Sig 365 XL had a history of failures and he would not use it for EDC. He says Glock is his EDC gun and switches between the Glock 19 and Glock 26.

Anyone here know about Sig problems ?
There were some failures early on but I’ve heard they’ve been addressed. I wouldn’t have an issue carrying a 365.
Sig responded to rumors of failures. They proved it was an extremely small amount.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts