Featured Glock 48 vs Sig P365 XL

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Southlake, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Glock 48

15.9%
  2. Glock 43X

23.8%
  3. Glock 43

26.5%
  4. Sig P365

9.3%
  5. Sig P365 XL

2.3%
  6. Shield

10.6%
  7. Springfield XDS

2.0%
  8. 1911

21.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Just for fun, I thought I would start a thread comparing the new Glock 48 to the new Sig P365 XL. This thread is intended to hear your thoughts on each.

Have fun and enjoy.

ca survivor, jhg and Danzig like this.
  2. Southlake

3. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

If the P365 XL is as reliable as a Glock, the 48 is in trouble, IMHO. 365xl is 12/15 +1, rmr cutout and a sig optic coming out sub $200 that fits it. Plus it has the X series trigger!!

jhelper, Minister, sstock38 and 2 others like this.
  4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I’m not changing out from my EDC Glock 43 but every customer and friend that has shot the 365 was blown away. When I shot a rental, I liked everything about it. Accuracy was as good or better than any other small pistol.
    36DB384A-0264-44F5-9B26-63C1D2DA3A3B.jpeg

Silver-Bolt and Southlake like this.
  5. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I have owned Glocks, Sigs and H&K handguns, and now back to having only Glocks handguns for many reasons, but I have to admit that Sig P365xl looks good.
    In reference to the G48/G43, if Shield Arms is coming out with a 15 rounds magazine for them, I wonder if Glock would do something similar in the future, perhaps not a 15 rounds magazine, but maybe a 12 or 13 rounds one.

HiPowerRon and Southlake like this.
  6. Lucian_253

I own the p365, shield 9mm, & the 43. I love my p365!! I feel like the shield is extension of my hand, & I just don’t enjoy shooting my 43. I am positive with time the P365 will become like my shield is to me now. All great pistols though!

The p365 is incredibly accurate for size. Very easy to shoot. Nice target Danzig!

Southlake and Danzig like this.
  7. Danzig

Texas
    Thanks.
    Out of curiosity. I shot the 9 shield, Glock 43 and Beretta Nano, at the same range session. It felt to me that the Shield has the most felt recoil. Do you think so?
    I have a Shield.45 and that is definitely stout recoil as compared to the 9s.

Southlake likes this.
  8. Lucian_253

This is a tough one. I don’t feel like the 9mm shield had more felt, or perceived recoil when I shoot it. I also have 1000’s of rounds through mine, & may have just gotten used to it. I can say when I take friends to the range, and they shoot the 365, and the shield 9mm back to back. Their p365 target groupings are much better on average, then theirs with the shield. My issue with the 43 is I can’t seem to get a comfortable grip while shooting. While shooting on video. I was adjusting my grip in between shots, and didn’t even realize it. I’ve never shot the nano, but would like to some day. So in summary between the P365, shield 9mm, & 43. I see more people put tighter groups with the P365, then the other two. I have shot the shield 40 S&W, and cannot hit the broadside of a barn with it, lol!!

Danzig and Southlake like this.
  9. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

On the survey, I voted Glock 43; but only because 1911 wasn't on the list. :cool:

No input on G48 vs P365XL.

Danzig and Southlake like this.
  10. Southlake

It’s the last one on the list. :)

sonnyd likes this.
  11. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Seriously, has it been there the whole time? I didn't see it... :confused:

Southlake likes this.
  12. Southlake

Yup, must be the sights!!!

Blue Jacket and Danzig like this.
  13. Danzig

Texas
    I love the 1911 but I’m saying as an EDC I’d go 365.
    I bought a Kimber Pro Carry .45 as a carry gun (aluminum frame 4”) but finish isn’t something I’d want to put against sweat and moisture. I also have a well worn Sig Scorpion 1911 Commander size but being an all steel gun it wants to pull my pants down. I have to cinch up my belt tighter than comfortable for it to stay put.

gasgas and Southlake like this.
  14. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I guess many people would have that same problem with the G43.
    As you know, the G43x takes care of that and adds four more rounds to the magazine. I think it is a game changer.

sonnyd and Southlake like this.
  15. KELSW

KELSW Member

Here is my 2 cents . I have a Shield with mag guts I am at 9 + one in the chamber (10 ) when I carry . I can shoot combat accurate . If something happened and I had to use it , more than likely at close quarters as I am not aiming at something far away . The difference between a 365 and a Shield go out the window because no one is aiming . My Shield goes bang with defensive ammo so far every time . Sig Glock M&P work . My Shield was a lot less than a P365 . By all means buy a Sig having choices are great . IMO single stacks are defense guns not target shooters .

16. Lucian_253

You have found the Maguts to be 100% reliable? I’m interested in maybe trying them out!

Southlake likes this.
  17. Southlake

They worked 100% on my 43.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  18. KELSW

KELSW Member

So far no bobbles with mag guts . Recently they changed their system with poly followers . I only have the steel follower style .

Peepaw, Lucian_253 and Southlake like this.
  19. Southlake

20. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

I have one in my short mag for my 43. Works 100% for me also. That one mag is used when I want the most concealability.
    The rest of the time I use Pearce +1.

I have never shot a Sig 365 but I did handle one at the fun store a few months ago. It was OK feeling but it didn't really seem like something I wanted.

Sig has put a bad taste in my mouth lately

Southlake likes this.