Glock 48 shoots left

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by iLikeUSPsBetter, Jun 10, 2020.

1. iLikeUSPsBetter

iLikeUSPsBetter Member

Appreciate everyone’s input!

What’s odd to me about this situation is I don’t have this issue with the same frame with the 43 slide, just the 48 slide.

it’s not low and left, just left.

Some pistols and sights have taken longer than others to get used to and become proficient with, HK’s for example, covering the bullseye with the front sight vs most of guns sighting style being more the ‘pumpkin on a post’.

I’ll try at the range a few more times and have someone else shoot it before doing anything.

Then if it’s still off I’ll try changing the sights.

And if that doesn’t work I’ll send it in to Glock.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Before changing the sights, simply ensure that the center of the top of the front sight and the center of the notch of the rear sight are on the centerline of the slide... that's what matters.

If the slide and barrel are machined properly, with the sights positioned as described above, the line of flight of the bullet will be on the line of sight to the POA.

Just sayin... :)

Best regards,

Bob

j102 and iLikeUSPsBetter like this.

3. iLikeUSPsBetter

iLikeUSPsBetter Member

Will do. Looking for calipers still, will try to measure and inspect pistol more closely.

Frankly, I’d prefer and I hope it’s just me and not the pistol haha

rbbeers likes this.
  4. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

5. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Southlake and iLikeUSPsBetter like this.
  6. iLikeUSPsBetter

iLikeUSPsBetter Member

Yeah my experience with bore sighters has not been favorable, but workable.

What I learned in school for rifles was to get them mounted as solidly in a rest or similar as possible, then put a target on wall and insert bore sighter, mark on target, remove bore sighter, and repeat. Usually the bore sighter will leave a circular pattern, and then zeroing for the center of that circle gets me very close on target.

For pistols, I just don’t bother as I normally go to the range once or twice a week.

Read the review posted, that was interesting. Will have to look into that more.

Will just go buy a cheap caliper this weekend, can’t find my Starrett one.

No useful update at the moment, trying to find time to get to the range again in the next few days.

rbbeers and Southlake like this.
  7. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

What if it’s not the correct sight for the gun?

8. iLikeUSPsBetter

iLikeUSPsBetter Member

Finally had time to change the sights and go to the range, g48 is perfectly fine now.

I swapped the ameriglo sights to the truglo tritium sights that I had on the g43.

No issues at all, and it seemed to be the ameriglo sights that were the issue. I just used the nylon gunsmithing hammer to tap the truglo sight to what seemed like the center and it seemed dead on.

I forgot to bring the g43 w/ the ameriglo sights, to see if the 43 behaves the same way with the ameriglo sights.

Nothing looks wrong with the ameriglo’s and those are not the first set of the spartan sights I’ve had, used them on a number of glocks previously and had no issues. Will report back how the g43 shoots with the ameriglos.

Rear sight is now close to centered, and way happier with the g48 now.

Shield mags continue to work flawlessly, and got my G Code holster for it the other day.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Lucian_253, Southlake and Danzig like this.
  9. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Another problem solved. What an awesome forum.

j102 and iLikeUSPsBetter like this.
  10. KELSW

KELSW Member

11. KELSW

KELSW Member

Is that the newer Truglo Tritium Pro sights (like trijicon hd ) comes in orange and white I think ?

12. iLikeUSPsBetter

iLikeUSPsBetter Member

Yeah they are those I’m pretty sure. Pretty narrow rear sight compared to others, but I like them, first experience with tritium only truglo sights.

13. mtelep

mtelep Junior Member Supporter

I’ve installed a bunch of sights on Glocks and use an ancient Bushnell bore sight kit that I know always puts me on the paper!!!! It might be an investment to get one!!!! I’ve paid for mine about 100 times over in Ammo

MAC A Voyage likes this.