Featured Glock 45

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Southlake, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ca survivor

ca survivor Active Member

I have so many magazine from Glocks 17s that I had, that the G-45 is getting into my get it mode.

2. Sheepdoggit

Sheepdoggit New Member

I’m done with guns smaller than a shield. I don’t even like carrying it anymore. Carrying appendix I can pretty much carry what I want which is a P229 or my Beretta PX4 Storm Compact which shoots better than either my Shield or P365.

G5Zombify and ca survivor like this.

3. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

I will probably get a striker fired SCCY when they come out.

The trick to accuracy with my Shield is put my finger all the way in.

4. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

The SCCY pistols never really caught my interest. Do you have the hammer one?

5. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I installed the Apex trigger on my shield and that did the trick.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  6. NQNPIII

I was told there was 2 different trigger models for that gun. (or was it the SD9VE?) I heard the second one wasn't as good.

I'm not about to install a trigger in a gun I never carry. I've tried to sell it twice. The Taurus holds more and is the same size. Just not as pretty.

7. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Now you might find a buyer and probably get more than you thought!

8. NQNPIII

Yep. I bought it used. Trigger quit working. It came back in 7 days, freeship and fix both ways. Then the frame pins got lose, extractor came loose. 7 days up and back for free.

It's pretty accurate, torquey, and not a range toy. It wears a blister on my first thumb knuckle. Then pops it. I wanted to slap it on the counter at NRA 2015 in front of Glock and say, "look it's 10+1! What the hell is this goofy G43????"

Lucian_253 and Danzig like this.
  9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Silly, SCCYs are supposed to go for the trip to get your CCW qualifications done then into a woman’s purse.
    No one is actually supposed to fire more than a box or 2 out of them.:p

j102, chowser51 and NQNPIII like this.
  10. Lucian_253

549066574.445783.jpg

The apex trigger on the shield is the only way to go, IMHO.

PaPow and Southlake like this.
  11. Bill24

Bill24 New Member

Was thinking about getting a Glock 45 MOS. Then I saw some comments and videos etc where people said that if you want to add a red dot on its better to get a regular glock and get it milled to add the sight. I'm wondering if this is the general consensus and if there are other reasons an MOS or regular glock 45 may be better than the other. Initially I would probably shoot using regular sights and if I decided to go red dot I would add that down the line not right after purchase.

chowser51, PaPow and Southlake like this.
  12. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

1C0B7C14-B665-4344-9EC3-B4DFBDA27A2E.jpeg 7DB78642-6F0E-4D3C-8F21-65124DBC2410.jpeg 4825626B-C7A0-4B93-B3BE-8FC724D558E4.jpeg
    I prefer milled over mos. Milled does not require higher sights. Milled does not require you to change your presentation.

fla9500, TheKraken and PaPow like this.
  13. NQNPIII

Sounds like stupid advise to me. Lots of stupid advise out there. Wanna send the slide out to have it milled and the gun is down? Hope they refinish it properly? Not me.

I don't own a MOS Glock. I do own a Canik TP9SFX that came milled for a red dot mount from the factory. It also came with 4 different mounting plates. The draw back? The rear sight comes off when changing in a plate. Not so with the Glock. The Canik is a factory "race gun." It comes with 2 20rd mags. The pluses? Great trigger over a factory Glock and it was $499 locally.

Kind of big for some in concealed carry. It isn't a good pistol to draw while strapped into a driver seat.

I love my G45. The MOS wasn't at the store when I bought it even if there was one at that time. I will buy a new aftermarket slide if I want to go red dot.

jhelper likes this.
  14. chowser51

chowser51 Well-Known Member

Here’s one of my daily carry guns. Glock 45. Slide milled by Maple Leaf FA for the Trijicon RMR. They also milled my duty gun. They coated the milled part of the 45. On my duty gun I had front serrations added so they nitrided the whole slide. I prefer milling for a specific red dot since I don’t plan on changing things. I have a Glock 35 MOS and the plate system is clunky.

Glock 45. Carries fine iwb or owb
    [​IMG]

Duty gun (Glock 31)
    [​IMG]

I don’t like high sights. They get in my way.

Steelie68, iamjm, Southlake and 2 others like this.
  15. adc100

adc100 Active Member Supporter

I prefer the few sight to be low and stock. The the 6 words for SD are "front sight, front sight, front sight". I paid thousands of $$$$s over the years to great instructors to learn it. Say those words when you train. They are golden. The rear sight above makes that harder.

You are not target shooting , you are going for center of exposed mass.

Southlake likes this.
  16. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

+1 :)

Sheriff's Tips: Understanding the Flash Sight Picture
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar... and other,some very precise target placement.

"The flash sight picture is a defensive shooting technique that was developed by Col. Jeff Cooper as a part of the Modern Technique of the Pistol. It is a method that allows the defensive shooter to get quick hits on a threat using the level of accuracy that is needed in close-range gunfighting."

Understanding Flash Sight Picture: Handgun Tip | Gunsite Academy Firearms Training

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Southlake likes this.
  17. Lucian_253

IMG_1604010621.754854.jpg

My buddies son just got a G45. First time I’ve seen a BFG G45. I like it!!

jhelper, chowser51, Steelie68 and 3 others like this.
  18. NQNPIII

I call that BSG. Baby **** Green. I have a G4 19, G4 17, and G4 27 in ODG. Black Glocks used to look weird to me.

jhelper likes this.
  19. Lucian_253

BFG glocks, like most colored glocks are very easy to resell & hard to find after they do the run.

j102 likes this.
  20. NQNPIII

That color to me looks like the old green plastic soldiers we played with as kids.
    I got a deal on my 27 used back in 2013. Nobody wanted the ODG.