Featured Glock 45

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Southlake, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Media Contact: Brandie Collins
    Tel.: (770) 432-1202
    Email: [email protected]
    September 24th, 2018 — For Immediate Release
    The Ultimate Service Pistol

GLOCK Introduces a New Addition to the Crossover Design
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SMYRNA, Ga. – Sep 24, 2018 Today, GLOCK, Inc. announced a new addition to the 9X19 family of pistols featuring the latest in design and engineering seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols. The GLOCK 45 combines the fast handling of the GLOCK 19 compact-sized slide with the full-size frame as a compact Crossover.

Taking on the Crossover design of the GLOCK 19X and the superior GLOCK hard-surface finish in non-reflective black, the G45 makes the ultimate service pistol.

“After the release of the G19X, we saw a strong interest from the law enforcement community for the design in a black model,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “The G45 is the result of a design that meets the demanding level of reliability with distinctive Gen5 design enhancements to improve durability, accuracy and performance to those who go into harm’s way where fractions of a second matter.”

Engineered with the GLOCK perfection promise, the G45 features the Safe Action System® and is backed by torture-testing that has made GLOCK a name synonymous with innovation and reliability.

The G45 incorporates elements of the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols including a smoother trigger pull, an enhanced frame texture for sure handling, a reversible magazine catch, ambidextrous slide stop lever, the Modular Backstrap System (MBS) for individual adjustability and the incredibly accurate, match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB). The G45 also features front serrations which are precision-milled forward of the ejection port on both sides.

The GLOCK Compact Crossover Pistol Model G45 will make its debut at The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference and will be available on dealer shelves beginning October 5th.

For more information about the new Compact Crossover G45, contact GLOCK, Inc. or go to [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    About GLOCK, Inc.
    GLOCK is a leading global manufacturer of firearms. The simple, safe design of GLOCK’s polymer-based pistols revolutionized the firearms industry and made GLOCK pistols a favorite of military and law enforcement agencies worldwide and among pistol owners. In 2018, GLOCK celebrates its 32nd Anniversary in the United States. Renowned for featuring three safeties, GLOCK pistols offer users of every lifestyle confidence they can rely on. GLOCK, Inc. is based in Smyrna, Georgia. For more information, please visit us.glock.com.

fla9500 and TheKraken like this.
  2. Southlake

I received this email, but I ca not find any other information about the new Glock 45.

cazbass and TheKraken like this.

3. New Glock model is basically a G19X in black. Available both with and without night sights.

And the Blue Label price is same as the G17/19’s.

Just ordered one from GT Dist.

file://cbsat101/AT1-USERS/BCO2/Press%20&%20Media%20Relations/Press%20Releases/Tent/us.glock.com/products/g45

Dark Knight likes this.
  4. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  5. Paul J DeJohn

Paul J DeJohn New Member

6. Paul J DeJohn

Paul J DeJohn New Member

So, it's a properly done 19X. Love it! But, why call it 45?

Big1, Southlake and Cordero74 like this.
  7. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

TheKraken and Southlake like this.
  8. yorktown5

yorktown5 Member

Yah, why give it a new model number? While I can appreciate a couple of the G5 changes, I have yet to own one...simply couldn't come up with a reason why my existing guns instantly became obsolete.

But wait, am I correct that the 19X (which already was IMO a solution in search of a problem) won't take previous gen mags, and this G45 will? Aha! If so then the G45 i

Southlake likes this.
  9. yorktown5

yorktown5 Member

Wasn't my intent to post the above...I stopped typing when I realized I don't have the facts to make an intelligent post. Am I correct in hearing that the 19X (or any G5?) won't take older gen mags? And if so has the removal of the lip on the Mag well on the G45 fixed that?

jamesdo72 and Southlake like this.
  10. Southlake

Based on the pic above, it appears the G45 does not have either a lip or a cut out.

11. Lots of confusion out there these days...and Glock didn’t really do a good job planning all this change out.

So here are some facts:

1. Gen 5 Glock’s will accept all former Glock magazines, assuming it’s the proper magazine for the gun and the mag release is on the left side of the frame (Glock gen 1-3 Mags are not ambidextrous)

2. The G19X isn’t really a Gen 5. It’s a kinda mix of Gen 4 and 5. The reason the G19X will not take G17 Gen 5 magazines is due to the lip on the bottom of the G19X and the larger floor plates on the gen 5 magazines.

3. G45 does not appear to have that same lip that caused the issues, And it appears to use the newer mag floor plates. Plus, from the Glock website:

“The Compact Crossover pistol G45 in 9x19mm combines a compact slide with a full size frame and has all the benefits of a Gen5 model.”

12. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks BuzzinSATX!

13. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

Soooooooo it is true. I sorta like the concept, I just don't know why it's called a 45. But then Glocks numbering system lost me long ago.

Sort of like the 19x I'm not so sure I need one but I usually don't let need or lack thereof hold me back. Time will tell.

Southlake, TheKraken and Trevor Day like this.
  14. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

Well there is now videos on YouTube about the G45.
    Just watched two of them and I have to say, I may be sold.

Now I'm one of those guys that won't buy most new things until they have been out awhile. I will wait and see and give one a good going over at my favorite gun store when they hit the selves.

If nothing else waiting gives all the guys that must have them now time to get them and then usually the price settles down a bit.

15. Southlake

16. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Another new gun you can’t buy in CA . This place sucks

RevV, fla9500, conshydane and 2 others like this.
  17. Southlake

You don’t need any guns. Just smile, get on your knees, and beg for mercy.

18. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Yep, that sucks Jason.

19. Southlake

Exactly