Glock 45 acp 30 round mags?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by jayta98, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jayta98

jayta98 New Member

Are there any decent companies that makes good ones?

2. The general consensus is that non-factory (non-Glock) mags suffer many flaws and while okay for the range, nobody would use them when their life might be on the line.

Given that, having many non-factory mags, one might make the mistake of loading one of those for HD or CC, and that could be a life ending mistake.

Also, Glock firearms are less expensive in comparison to similar quality brands, so the extra price for factory mags is a fair trade off.

I have heard that Arredondo makes very high quality, but that the others should be avoided.

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Assuming that Hi-cap is legal in your State:

There's an extension made by Magpul for KRISS Super V SMG. You can buy just the extension kit or the package (G21 mag + extension). Its not compatible with a 10 rnd mag.

You can get it HERE.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  4. I want a Kriss so bad. My cousin is on the verge of ordering one. His wife is better than mine. Wish I could trade personalities :).

5. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Give your cousin 35 bucks so he could order 2..

Oh.. perhaps you meant the Kriss Super V itself? That would take a lot of persuasion.. Goodluck! :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

For the price...I would go with OEM Glock...JMHO

7. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

I'd do the same. Throw a couple of bucks more, i'll get 2 new extra mags. :)

8. Yes they are. The down side is that they cost more then the factory mag. I have 4 G21 mags with them on. Planing on putting them on all of my G21 mags. With this you will have 17 + 1 rounds of .45acp. :D

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/51...-21-nylon-black-and-10-pct-extra-power-spring

I might pick up one of those 30 round mags just for the fun of it.

An midway usa is running a sale on factory glock mags till the end of this month ;).

9. jayta98

jayta98 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. So does Glock make a 30 rd mag for 45 acp? If not what's the biggest they make? I had always bought OEM mags or mecgar. Anything else had gave me issues with my fire arms.

10. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Glock don't make hi-cap mags for .45acp. KRISS is just an extension (just like Arredondo), you're still gonna use your OEM G21 Mag & follower. It is made by Magpul & it comes with ISMI spring specifically made for the 30rnd capacity. Both are reputable companies. IMO, I believe it won't give you any issues. :)

Arredondo = +4
    KRISS = +17

**Both has almost the same price...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Thats an aftermarket, Glock doesn't make one.

Scherer is the only after market mag that I have, I have about a half dozen 29rd mags for the G22, all but one of them has been great, the one was a jamming pos from the start

12. Sorry, I took it you meant ANY high cap mags in .45acp. Yea they don't make factory glock high cap mags in .45acp. Just after market ones.

13. jayta98

jayta98 New Member

Thanks for the info guys.