Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
79,028 Posts
I know that a lot of people have had some problems with their G44's but I have to say that I love mine and have not had any trouble with it. Sorry that yours is not functioning properly.

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Colt Python was the headliner of oopsie moments imo.
$1500 of non functioning legend beats $369 of hit or miss perfection.
Kel-tec forgetting to heat treat some barrels was a major mistake.
Otoh, Taurus is getting good reviews lately. Welcome to the bizarro world.

· Registered
515 Posts
The glock 44 introduction/release was like the worst case of blue balls ive ever experienced. Anyone else agree? Wouldnt have hurt "as bad" if the dam thing actually functioned properly. By the way i love my glocks and yes i am a glock fanboy no shame
Considering that they worked absolutely fine for the vast absolute majority of people, save for a few high profile ewe toobers, I think it worked out just fine.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
...Otoh, Taurus is getting good reviews lately. Welcome to the bizarro world.
Bizarro world indeed. I'm a glock fan; have six of them and am carrying one now. But the main reason I've not looked into a Glock 44 is because my TX-22 simply won't jam. It's weird, but true - the reliability of a Taurus is keeping me from buying a Glock. Go figure...

· Remove me..Security sucks.
2,472 Posts
Seeing the ammo situation arriving, and seeing the G44 reviews, I ended buying an Advantage Arms G17 conversion, and an SR22. The SR after 1000 rounds of tbolt and golden bullets, has yet to hiccup, and the conversion on either of my 17 based P80 frames works better than expected, and oddly, best so far with the tbolt, which AA warns not to use.
That TX22 keeps getting great reviews, and also see praise on the g2 and g3 models. Good to see Taurus up their reliability game.

· Registered
117 Posts
I have a first generation 44 and luv it . No problems at all that were not caused by ammo (weak loads) .
I even bought 2 18 rd. ProMags and had problems with them until I learned the proper way to load them . Now no problems with them and I bought two more which work great when loaded properly .
Even Thunder Bolts work great in mine .

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts
"Even Thunder Bolts work great in mine ."

Yes I was amazed when I got around to running some Thunder Crap thru mine, it just gobbles them up.

Reactions: miniman and Danzig
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.