Glock Firearms banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Glad yours is working well.
I still haven’t ruled out sending the gun back to Glock. But I figured I’d check with Federal first. They’ve been cranking out ammo 24/7 so it’s possible the ammo could be marginal.
With 22 L R the ammunition seems to matter more than anything else, by it's nature it's gummy and dirty, things that cause failures,not to mention the quality produced by the manufactures.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Yes that’s the part. It has a slight bend in it. I can’t remember where I read or watched YT on it but someone said to bend it a little bit to help. Not a lot, a little bit. Basically when you’re putting the slide on after field stripping, the ejector should barely clear the notched cut out of back plate. If there’s too much gap there, then you could have ejection issues. I don’t know if this is true or not, and honestly I don’t know if it actually worked for me but I did it and my issues went away. Could have been coincidental as I had about 300-400 rounds through it already but that’s what I did. Had the same issue and fix for my M&P 15-22

Edit: the claw part I believe is called the extractor
Much like tuning the ejector in a 1911.

Reactions: MagnoliaTom

·
Registered
13 Posts
With 22 L R the ammunition seems to matter more than anything else, by it's nature it's gummy and dirty, things that cause failures,not to mention the quality produced by the manufactures.
I called Federal today. Told them that the Automatch only ejected about 50% of the time, and the other Federal that came in a red box wasn't much better. I tested about 10 different kinds of ammo the other day. Blazer, Aguila, Winchester, and the Federal that comes in the blue box worked fine. The guy said Federal has about 40 different 22LR loads.

They are sending UPS to my house to pick up the 800 or so rounds that I called about and said they will mail me a check with they receive it.

So at least I'm not out the $$ and now know some of the ammo to avoid buying in the future.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I called Federal today. Told them that the Automatch only ejected about 50% of the time, and the other Federal that came in a red box wasn't much better. I tested about 10 different kinds of ammo the other day. Blazer, Aguila, Winchester, and the Federal that comes in the blue box worked fine. The guy said Federal has about 40 different 22LR loads.

They are sending UPS to my house to pick up the 800 or so rounds that I called about and said they will mail me a check with they receive it.

So at least I'm not out the $$ and now know some of the ammo to avoid buying in the future.
Well that way you won't be out any thing.
I've discovered the G 44's are all their own bests as the ones my friend have and mine have problems with some of the ammo mine shoots just fine and mine has problems with some of their chosen ammo.

Reactions: j102

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had failure to fully cycle problems with my G 44. After noticing widely varying "spring fatigue" with triggers, I tried leaving the slide latched open when storing. It fires consistently for about 2 hrs. then failures to cycle about once on each of the last 3 stages at casual monthly matches. It only likes CCI mini-mags. I believe it's recoil spring is too stiff, and functions well only after stressing it by storing with slide open. Have shot about 1200 rounds thru it. I'll try std velocity ammo again if it ever runs hi-velocity near 100% someday.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
I've had failure to fully cycle problems with my G 44. After noticing widely varying "spring fatigue" with triggers, I tried leaving the slide latched open when storing. It fires consistently for about 2 hrs. then failures to cycle about once on each of the last 3 stages at casual monthly matches. It only likes CCI mini-mags. I believe it's recoil spring is too stiff, and functions well only after stressing it by storing with slide open. Have shot about 1200 rounds thru it. I'll try std velocity ammo again if it ever runs hi-velocity near 100% someday.
Just wondering if this was an early production gun? Seems like there were more issues at the beginning of production than current crop.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts