Glock Firearms banner
181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks for that. When I called Glock yesterday they said they have stopped sending out parts to customers because they are putting everything they have into building guns. Not sure it the part you mentioned is customer-installable or not, but they won’t send out anything right now.
When I clean my G 44 slide I always field strip it after every range trip and the extractor pops rite out when you fully depress the FP/striker safety plunger,22 LR is very dirty and grows crud due to some of the bullet lube .

As they are not shipping/selling parts you would have to send your gun to them for the upgrade as they don't use the word recall and that would have a cost associated with it, isn't Perfection grand.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I clean my G 44 slide I always field strip it after every range trip and the extractor pops rite out when you fully depress the FP/striker safety plunger,22 LR is very dirty and grows crud due to some of the bullet lube .

As they are not shipping/selling parts you would have to send your gun to them for the upgrade as they don't use the word recall and that would have a cost associated with it, isn't Perfection grand.

Thanks for that, I’ll watch that video later. Do you know if there a specific serial number range where this “upgrade” needs to be done? My G44 starts with AEYY and my wife’s starts with AEEV.

thanks again.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks for that, I’ll watch that video later. Do you know if there a specific serial number range where this “upgrade” needs to be done? My G44 starts with AEYY and my wife’s starts with AEEV.

thanks again.
I would,with the video I posted,completely strip and clean the entire top end/slide,pay particular attention to the extractor spring.plunger and cap along with the bore in the slide for those parts as it wouldn't take to much crud in that bore to slow or impede the movement of the extractor plunger from correct functioning of said extractor. Also remove and clean the extractor and pay careful attention to the extractor claw that grabs the rim of the case, hope this is of some help with your G 44 extraction.

I found this by Duck Duck going,listed on the other forum.

From the other forum
1)
The extractor change you are referring to was part of a slide and extractor modification. AEBK was among the earlier produced G44s and would have the original extractor design installed. Since the change was to the slide and extractor the newer extractor is not compatible with your slide.

As this was a manufacturing modification you do not need to have your slide or extractor replaced as there are no specific issues with your extractor or slide.

2)
Pistols with serial number prefix AEHK and on will have that modification.

While I’m not privy to all the details it had to do with a rare situation involving chamber flags. Essentially if the slide was released under full RSA tension with certain types of chamber flags in the barrel the extractor would be pushed out too far causing the firing pin safety to come unseated and render the pistol inoperable. These chamber flags would have to be oriented so the flag was pointing to the right for this to happen. The extractor and slide modification integrate a more aggressive over travel stop to prevent that from happening.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would,with the video I posted,completely strip and clean the entire top end/slide,pay particular attention to the extractor spring.plunger and cap along with the bore in the slide for those parts as it wouldn't take to much crud in that bore to slow or impede the movement of the extractor plunger from correct functioning of said extractor. Also remove and clean the extractor and pay careful attention to the extractor claw that grabs the rim of the case, hope this is of some help with your G 44 extraction.

I found this by Duck Duck going,listed on the other forum.

From the other forum
1)
The extractor change you are referring to was part of a slide and extractor modification. AEBK was among the earlier produced G44s and would have the original extractor design installed. Since the change was to the slide and extractor the newer extractor is not compatible with your slide.

As this was a manufacturing modification you do not need to have your slide or extractor replaced as there are no specific issues with your extractor or slide.

2)
Pistols with serial number prefix AEHK and on will have that modification.

While I’m not privy to all the details it had to do with a rare situation involving chamber flags. Essentially if the slide was released under full RSA tension with certain types of chamber flags in the barrel the extractor would be pushed out too far causing the firing pin safety to come unseated and render the pistol inoperable. These chamber flags would have to be oriented so the flag was pointing to the right for this to happen. The extractor and slide modification integrate a more aggressive over travel stop to prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for video link. I have it apart and I don’t see much of a “hook” to pull the shell out. I don’t know what the part is supposed to look like but I took some photos and have cleaned all of the parts you referred to. No oiling on those.
Let me know what you think. Thanks.
87858B6E-67DC-4C20-ABDE-7EC62CE87451.jpeg
8A61F295-30A9-475C-AAC7-F2A5B295C4BF.jpeg

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks for video link. I have it apart and I don’t see much of a “hook” to pull the shell out. I don’t know what the part is supposed to look like but I took some photos and have cleaned all of the parts you referred to. No oiling on those.
Let me know what you think. Thanks. View attachment 250653 View attachment 250654
Wish I knew how to draw a colored circle around the claw ,it's the end opposite of the roundish stud on the extractor that pivots in the slide.
Your pics are excellent and there doesn't appear to be any undue wear cracks or chips and the hook/claw/shelf that grabs the rim of the case appears fine, now that it's clean resemble it and try it out to see if results have changed.
If not you know it isn't do to it not being clean to cause a malfunction and then you have to contemplate a trip back to the mother ship, hopefully you have loved the problem with it.

Reactions: Olga17 and DCUNY

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wish I knew how to draw a colored circle around the claw ,it's the end opposite of the roundish stud on the extractor that pivots in the slide.
Your pics are excellent and there doesn't appear to be any undue wear cracks or chips and the hook/claw/shelf that grabs the rim of the case appears fine, now that it's clean resemble it and try it out to see if results have changed.
If not you know it isn't do to it not being clean to cause a malfunction and then you have to contemplate a trip back to the mother ship, hopefully you have loved the problem with it.
Thanks so much for your help.
It never ceases to amaze me how many forum members are helping newbies with potentially mundane questions.

It’s back together & I’ll be able to take both G44 out next week to see how they work. I’ll report back when I have more data.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Thanks so much for your help.
It never ceases to amaze me how many forum members are helping newbies with potentially mundane questions.

It’s back together & I’ll be able to take both G44 out next week to see how they work. I’ll report back when I have more data.
D Cuny

"It never ceases to amaze me how many forum members are helping newbies with potentially mundane questions."

Thank you, there are no stupid questions when it comes to firearms and safety, every one of us had to learn.
I had more than my share of help along the way, we all have. In my mind there's no bigger pain in the keyester than a malfunctioning gun and my hope,now that Glock is having their problems that your G 44 shoots like a house a fire as you have done everything on your end to that means and now you know the Glock design better.
It's a learning proposition and hopefully I can learn something everyday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
D Cuny

"It never ceases to amaze me how many forum members are helping newbies with potentially mundane questions."

Thank you, there are no stupid questions when it comes to firearms and safety, every one of us had to learn.
I had more than my share of help along the way, we all have. In my mind there's no bigger pain in the keyester than a malfunctioning gun and my hope,now that Glock is having their problems that your G 44 shoots like a house a fire as you have done everything on your end to that means and now you know the Glock design better.
It's a learning proposition and hopefully I can learn something everyday.
Now that it’s back together I can see the claw assembly now. It was hard to visualize when it was all apart. Next week I’ll know if it works better.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Now that it’s back together I can see the claw assembly now. It was hard to visualize when it was all apart. Next week I’ll know if it works better.
Hopefully it will shoot like a house a fire for you.

Reactions: miniman and jhg

·
Registered
102 Posts
LUV my 44 !!!!!! Now have thousands of rds. through it and it runs great . I have 10 OEM mags and 4 18 rd. Promags that also run great .
I purchased the first 2 Promags and had problems with them until I learned the correct way to load them and now they run great so I purchased 2 more and they run great as well .

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Reactions: Danzig and jhg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hopefully it will shoot like a house a fire for you.
OK, back with a report. I put about 300 rounds through it and had problems with 2 Federal ammos.

One of them Automatch 40gr, which specifically states they are for semi automatics.
Some of them seemed so low powered that the casing stayed in the chamber. Others stove-piped when they tried to eject. About 40% of them failed in some way.

The other was Federal red bulk box 36gr hollow point. Box says they are high velocity, but I had problems with 20% of them.

So tomorrow I’m going to call Federal about these 2 batches of ammo.

Shot Winchester white box, Federal blue box, Aguila (2 types), Blazer no problem.

I’ll see what Federal has to say.

·
Registered
552 Posts
OK, back with a report. I put about 300 rounds through it and had problems with 2 Federal ammos.

One of them Automatch 40gr, which specifically states they are for semi automatics.
Some of them seemed so low powered that the casing stayed in the chamber. Others stove-piped when they tried to eject. About 40% of them failed in some way.

The other was Federal red bulk box 36gr hollow point. Box says they are high velocity, but I had problems with 20% of them.

So tomorrow I’m going to call Federal about these 2 batches of ammo.

Shot Winchester white box, Federal blue box, Aguila (2 types), Blazer no problem.

I’ll see what Federal has to say.
Interesting how different guns react with different ammo. Both my G44s ran without a hiccup using Mini mags, but occasionally got FTE with Federal auto match when I first got them. Mine didn’t like thunderbolts at first. Now they’ll run anything. Hope you get yours sorted out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting how different guns react with different ammo. Both my G44s ran without a hiccup using Mini mags, but occasionally got FTE with Federal auto match when I first got them. Mine didn’t like thunderbolts at first. Now they’ll run anything. Hope you get yours sorted out
Glad yours is working well.
I still haven’t ruled out sending the gun back to Glock. But I figured I’d check with Federal first. They’ve been cranking out ammo 24/7 so it’s possible the ammo could be marginal.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Glad yours is working well.
I still haven’t ruled out sending the gun back to Glock. But I figured I’d check with Federal first. They’ve been cranking out ammo 24/7 so it’s possible the ammo could be marginal.
Since it seems your issue is with failure to eject, I’m assuming you know the “correct” way to load the magazine (otherwise you’d be getting failures to feed). Just for grins, try tweaking the ejector a hair. Might help you as I did for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since it seems your issue is with failure to eject, I’m assuming you know the “correct” way to load the magazine (otherwise you’d be getting failures to feed). Just for grins, try tweaking the ejector a hair. Might help you as I did for me.
Thanks. I do try to follow the instructions on loading the magazine. No failures to feed as of yet.

When you say ejector, what part exactly? The claw portion seems to be “unchangeable”. Are you talking about the metal part towards the rear that sticks out towards the front?

thx

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks. I do try to follow the instructions on loading the magazine. No failures to feed as of yet.

When you say ejector, what part exactly? The claw portion seems to be “unchangeable”. Are you talking about the metal part towards the rear that sticks out towards the front?

thx
Yes that’s the part. It has a slight bend in it. I can’t remember where I read or watched YT on it but someone said to bend it a little bit to help. Not a lot, a little bit. Basically when you’re putting the slide on after field stripping, the ejector should barely clear the notched cut out of back plate. If there’s too much gap there, then you could have ejection issues. I don’t know if this is true or not, and honestly I don’t know if it actually worked for me but I did it and my issues went away. Could have been coincidental as I had about 300-400 rounds through it already but that’s what I did. Had the same issue and fix for my M&P 15-22

Edit: the claw part I believe is called the extractor

181 - 200 of 206 Posts