Glock 44 rear sight adjustments

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by HJB, Sep 19, 2020.

1. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I bought a new Glock 44 yesterday and plan on going to the range on Monday to shoot it. From what I have read, I won't be surprised if I have to do some rear sight adjustments.

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find any information on which way to turn the screws for height and windage movements on the sight.

Anyone know where I can find that information ? They give you a mickey mouse little tool to do it, but noting in the owners manual that explains which direction to turn the screws.

2. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Here ya' go...

G44 adjustable sights 1a.jpg

The windage adjustment is a typical screw adjustment. Turning the screwhead clockwise moves the rear sight and POI to the right and turning the screwhead counter-clockwise moves moves sight and POI to the left.

The elevation adjustment is a simple cam with a high spot transitioning to a low spot. Turning the screwhead in either direction simply causes the sight to move up and down from its maximum height to its minimum height.

Slowly turn the elevation screwhead to set the sight at its maximum height. The minimum sight height is 1/2 turn (in either direction) from this setting.

Raise the sight to raise the POI and lower the sight to lower the POI.

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Mike Landy, Bayou and Danzig like this.

3. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

Atleast you got the tool, mine didn't have one with it when I received it.

4. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for that because I would have expected the exact opposite on the two adjustment screws. Just looking at the thing I was guessing the higher and back screw would have been windage. I guess I would finally have figured it out but I'm pretty flabbergasted that the owner's manual did not even mention the adjustable sights.

Just out of curiosity, where in the world did you find this ?

Hoping I take it to the range on Tuesday and it is dead on.

Thanks for your help !

Look in the bag with the locking device. Look real good because it is a tiny, pathetic little tool and easily overlooked. Going to be hard to keep up with that thing for the rest of my life and I've not found anyone who sells a replacement so far unless you buy a new rear sight that comes with one.

Mike Landy and rbbeers like this.
  5. rbbeers

You're very welcome. :)

Researched several forums and articles. ;)

Best regards,

Bob

6. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Well I thought I had done that too for a couple of hours so I appreciate your help. I sure would have tried to adjust the wrong one to begin with if I need to adjust. Guess I'm kind of expecting to have to adjust the elevation based on many of the things I have seen that the gun tends to shoot high. But, maybe not.

7. rbbeers

My guess is one of the 'SL' screwdriver bits in this (or a similar) set would fit.

CRAFTSMAN Precision 18-Piece Bi-Material Handle Multi-Bit Screwdriver Set
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-...l-Handle-Multi-Bit-Screwdriver-Set/1000596071

(As of this post, the above set costs $6.98 and includes 18 different miniature drivers.)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  8. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Ron and I say,
    FF8D24DE-D50A-4405-8DA5-08E6AF512B73.jpeg

10. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I will once I am happy that it is zeroed in for my desired POA

11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

Congrats on the G 44,I didn't have to turn a screw on my example POA/POI out of the box, replaced the OEM front with a Hi Viz fiber optic for a G 19 still no changes.

12. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

I have almost 1000 rounds through mine now and it goes through any ammo.I have some older ammo(37 and 40 gr) and it doesn't hesitate anymore.I did have a couple small issues with the old ammo in the first 1 or 2 mags,but has been a great shooting gun since. My wife loves shooting it.

13. rbbeers

Would someone with calipers please measure and post the blade dimensions of the G44 rear sight adjustment tool (width and thickness, in thousandths of an inch)?

I'm very curious as to which miniature slotted driver will properly fit the sight adjustment screwheads.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

Bob

14. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I wish I had some calipers and I would sure do it because I would like to know what is available too. I can tell you that the sharpened blade of my small Swiss Army pocket knife will barely go into the slot.

The screw I would estimate to be about .0625 diameter or about 1/16 of an inch.

15. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Great idea. What front sight did you put on it and where did you get it ?

16. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

Hi Viz #. GL 2014 and I purchased off Amazon for 17.99,unscrewed the OEM and loc tited on the Hi Viz in place, needed no correction to the adjustable OEM rear just replace the front.

17. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Thanks

18. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

You are most welcome, hope you like it as well as I do.

19. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

I can't get to the range until Tuesday but I have shot my son-in-laws Glock 44 and really liked it. I have a S&W M&P .22 compact that I shoot a fair amount, but my wife shoots it most of the time. She does like my Glock 19 too but is not crazy about the kick so she only shoots it a few rounds every time we go. But she does like the way it feels in her hand and the trigger on it. So, she's been dry firing the Glock 44 for the last few days and is looking forward to shooting it on Tuesday as well.

I have tried to make it perfectly clear to her though the the S&W .22 is "her" gun and the Glock 44 is "my" gun ! How long do you think I will be able to make that stick ?

SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  20. SJ 40

SJ 40 Active Member

Not long,neck you should both have G 44's when the accounts afford.

My example was a bit finicky at the start and now has 4000 ads. thru it and even shoots crap thunderbolts and some very old WW wildcats, my only complaint is wish they made higher capacity magazines for it or a belt fed version of it.