Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my new-to-me Glock 44 to the range today after buying it and bringing it home yesterday.

I ran four different types of ammo through it:

Winchester M22
Federal Punch (stronger kick and noticeable blast)
CCI standard velocity
Winchester Super X

Toolbox Tool Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Auto part

Total of 190 rounds, the majority were Winchester M22, as I had a 500-pack of it.

First of all, I was VERY impressed with the accuracy of this G44 - no sight adjustment necessary - yea, that's 60 rounds -

Orange Sleeve Gesture Font Watch

The striker hits to the rims all looked good -

Asphalt Road surface Circle Artifact Money

MAGAZINES: Super easy to load, I held the mag in my left hand and used my thumb and forefinger to slightly pull down on the follower tabs, only just enough to sneak another round under the mag lips, loading with my right hand. I could load into the mag just as fast as I could pull the rounds out of the box, it was really that easy. Then after loading, I smacked the back of the magazine into my other palm to seat the rounds all the way back. So quick to load that I didn't mind they were only 10-round mags. The little arrows on the magazine followers point back to a '5' or a '10' stamped on the mag to let you know how many rounds are in there, and it's right-on accurate.

TRIGGER: It's a Glock, the trigger felt the same as they all do. Was able to quickly mag dump, no issues there at all. No finger-fatigue at the end of the session, I could have kept going another couple of hours, easily. I don't feel the need to lighten up the trigger pull, I'm good with keeping it stock.

MALFUNCTIONS: Only two malfs from the total of 190 rounds, and they were both from the Winchester M22 ammo, which surprised me, because usually I have no issues with it. The first malf was a 'click-no bang'...I dropped the mag and pulled the round, replaced into the mag after rotating it to a new firing pin spot, and got another click. So we can blame that on the ammo. The second malf was a round with a slightly bent nose, I saw it when loading the mag but I went ahead and took a chance on it anyhow, of course it got held up on the feed ramp. Again, an ammo problem not a gun problem.

OVERALL: WOW I'M IMPRESSED, and that's not easy to do. I was expecting all sorts of trouble with it but I was blown away with the spot-on performance of this 44 today. I do believe it's become my favorite .22LR plinker. It's just a bit snappier than my TX22, probably due to its lighter weight, but barely noticeable. The 44 is much easier to take down for complete cleaning, too, as the TX22 has four roll pins that need to be knocked out in order to remove the grip internals and another roll pin to get the breech block out of the slide for cleaning, while the Glock 44....well....we all know how easy it is to completely take apart a Glock. Everything comes out in less than a minute. The 44 definitely beats the TX22 hands down for ease of complete disassembly. That's a big issue with me, as I'm seriously OCD when it comes to keeping my firearms clean and I don't want to sit there and hammer out little roll pins or go looking for several different specialty tools in order to get a gun apart.

ONE MORE THING: I noticed there is no play in the 44 barrel when locked in battery, but the TX22 has some noticeable movement. I was never a fan of the locking tabs for the TX22 barrel, I thought they should have also put a hold-down screw on it, like the Ruger SR22 has. While the TX22 is also a great shooter, and the barrel lengths of the TX and the 44 are almost exactly the same, I feel the better accuracy goes to the 44, as evidenced by the target photo posted above. After those three warning shots to the lower right, everything else was dead-on. If I held a steady aim while firing, the gun put the round right where I was aiming it. Rear sight was centered when I bought it yesterday and no adjustment was necessary at all.

· Registered
280 Posts
I had some malfunctions early on with bulk Win and Remington ammo, but a couple thousand rounds into it she started running like a Glock. It is really reliable with Minimags. I only remember one malfunction with them and it was one round that didn’t go off. I think it’s been over 1000 rounds since the last malfunction. The longer I own it, the more I like it.

· Registered
538 Posts
I bought a G44 for my wife last year, she likes it alot. But I shoot it more than her..No issues after about several hundred rounds at least..tried a variety of ammo, all went bang..Prior to buying the G44, we picked up a Smith wesson mp22 compact. It has also been flawless with any ammo. It has probably several thousands threw it over the years. One issue I did have with the mp, the screw and spring fell out of the rear adjustable sight. Smith wesson sent me a new one, no charge. So that was a good customer service experience..

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have terrible accuracy out of mine and I even changed the barrel on my g44 to the g44 threaded. Now I have to figure out what's going on with with seeing what your can do.
Check around the recessed crown area in the front of the barrel, mine had SEVERE lead buildup when I bought it (was used) and that can cause drag on the bullet to one side or another as it exits the barrel. Mine was so bad you couldn't even tell there WAS a recessed area there...had to scrub and soak with Hoppes #9 several times, then used a sharp plastic edge to scrape around the opening, sprayed with foaming bore cleaner, too, had lead pieces coming out of the barrel that I couldn't see before, even using a bore light...lead buildup will fool you, if you use a bore brush/scratch it, then it will look more silver/shiny, and you might think it's clean there...now it's smooth all the way through.

I usually try to stay away from lead round nose and shoot only copper-plated rounds just for this reason, cleans up easier.

Camera accessory Gas Carbon Composite material Audio equipment

· Registered
624 Posts
I have had my 44 for a while now. Got it shortly after they hit the market.

All in all I am very pleased with it.

It has had a few misdeeds and a few failures to lock open after last round but I have never had a 22 LR that did not have a few of those issues.

It’s had close to 1500 rounds through it. I shot 150 yesterday. 100 Winchester and 50 rather old Aguilla. Only issue was one failure to lock back after last round. I suspect it was an ammo issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts