Glock Firearms banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm down to one or two FTF or extract failures each range trip, but it's still annoying. I really wish Glock had done a better job since this is otherwise a terrific shooter. Makes me wish I'd got the Taurus.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm down to one or two FTF or extract failures each range trip, but it's still annoying. I really wish Glock had done a better job since this is otherwise a terrific shooter. Makes me wish I'd got the Taurus.
Well, I shot a couple of thousand rounds of various bulk ammo thru mine without a single failure up until the time that I got the Federal Automatch ammo, which I had problems with in another gun.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it is completely the ammo and not the gun. I will shoot thru the Automatch I have and then go back to the other brands I still have. Unfortunately, the automatch is the only 22 lr I've been able to find for months at 5 or 6 cents a round.

But, I'm not the least bit blaming it on the gun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I shot a couple of thousand rounds of various bulk ammo thru mine without a single failure up until the time that I got the Federal Automatch ammo, which I had problems with in another gun.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it is completely the ammo and not the gun. I will shoot thru the Automatch I have and then go back to the other brands I still have. Unfortunately, the automatch is the only 22 lr I've been able to find for months at 5 or 6 cents a round.

But, I'm not the least bit blaming it on the gun.
It is mostly the Automatch. But my Winchester has bobbled occasionally, and I did have one or two CCI failures in the gun. Now shot close to 800 rounds through my gun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It is mostly the Automatch. But my Winchester has bobbled occasionally, and I did have one or two CCI failures in the gun. Now shot close to 800 rounds through my gun.
You know, I have about a thousand rounds of CCI mini mags, and I intentionally refused to shoot any of it in the G44 because I knew it would shoot that stuff. But, I didn't want to pay for that ammo so I just bought as much cheap stuff as I could get my hands on. I did shoot some Thunderbolt and although it fired just fine, it really leaded up my barrel. So I don't shoot it any more in the Glock. I let my wife shoot it in her S&W M&P 22 compact. She does not put as many rounds through it and I clean it after each range session and have not had a leading problem in it.

If I had a gun that had a couple of failures with mini mags, I'd send it back to the manufacturer and demand they replace it with a new gun ! Just kiddin'

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know, I have about a thousand rounds of CCI mini mags, and I intentionally refused to shoot any of it in the G44 because I knew it would shoot that stuff. But, I didn't want to pay for that ammo so I just bought as much cheap stuff as I could get my hands on. I did shoot some Thunderbolt and although it fired just fine, it really leaded up my barrel. So I don't shoot it any more in the Glock. I let my wife shoot it in her S&W M&P 22 compact. She does not put as many rounds through it and I clean it after each range session and have not had a leading problem in it.

If I had a gun that had a couple of failures with mini mags, I'd send it back to the manufacturer and demand they replace it with a new gun ! Just kiddin'
One month later and my G44 basically eats anything now. Even Remington or Federal bulk. Heck even the Promags have become trouble free as long as I only load 16 or 17 rounds each time instead of the advertised 18. Not bad.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
One month later and my G44 basically eats anything now. Even Remington or Federal bulk. Heck even the Promags have become trouble free as long as I only load 16 or 17 rounds each time instead of the advertised 18. Not bad.
Much the same for mine, once I got 500 rounds thru it, now it even shoots Remington Thundercrap which is one of the rounds Glock calls out as less than ideal in the G 44.

Reactions: Danzig and Kraken

·
Registered
135 Posts
Much the same for mine, once I got 500 rounds thru it, now it even shoots Remington Thundercrap which is one of the rounds Glock calls out as less than ideal in the G 44.
Be careful with that Remington Thunderbolt garbage. It leaded up my Glock 44 barrel real bad and almost never got it out. I mean it was in there in chunks !

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Be careful with that Remington Thunderbolt garbage. It leaded up my Glock 44 barrel real bad and almost never got it out. I mean it was in there in chunks !
I pull a bore snake every 50 rounds when using Thundercrap and I'm down to 300 rounds left and then I will never purchase any more of it EVER.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts