Glock Firearms banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
867 Posts
Oh yea, now I see it is out of stock ! Maybe someone will have 4 or 5 of them and can tell us if they are any good.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Ordered 1 (to test and satisfy my curiosity). :)

"Inquiring minds need to know." :rolleyes:
Here it is...

Rectangle Font Fashion accessory Electric blue Metal

I loaded and unloaded the magazine several times... the above is typical... it's a PIA to load and the cartridges jam in the magazine.

Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Fashion accessory Wood

If extreme care isn't exercised, the 'mess' is much worse.

While this is a statistical meaningless sample size of one, there's no way I'd suggest anyone spend the money to 'give it a try'.

Given the results of my bench testing, I'm not wasting my time, effort, and cartridges to test it 'live fire'.

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having just bought a Glock 44 and shooting it two times at the range, I found that Promags didn't like Federal Automatch lead with many FTF and one stovepipe. However, loading the mags to only 16 and feeding it CCI or Winchester resulted in zero issues for many magazine loads of firing. Given this experience, I'll just treat these as 16 or 17 round mags as cheap supplements to my OEM Glock mags. Perhaps as the springs break in, these will go to 18 rounds without trouble. OEM seem good with most ammo only one FTF.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased 2 ProMag 18 rd. mags and had many problems with them until I learned just how to load them . After that they have worked well with no problems at all .
I even purchased 2 more and they work the same way if loaded correctly . I now have 4 and they are the ones I use the most and leave my 10 rd. OEM mags in my bag .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried to follow the advice on loading the mags I saw online and on the G44 thread. But at any rate, hope these mags (or my brain) break in eventually.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When you load them always have a little pressure on the rd. you are loading DO NOT relieve all pressure by pushing the follower down so the rd. slides in easy .
Just make sure you have to apply pressure to the rd. you are loading and that will make the rds. stack as they should .
I purchased a loader on E-bay that helps a lot . It is made by 380EZ .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Having just bought a Glock 44 and shooting it two times at the range, I found that Promags didn't like Federal Automatch lead with many FTF and one stovepipe. However, loading the mags to only 16 and feeding it CCI or Winchester resulted in zero issues for many magazine loads of firing. Given this experience, I'll just treat these as 16 or 17 round mags as cheap supplements to my OEM Glock mags. Perhaps as the springs break in, these will go to 18 rounds without trouble. OEM seem good with most ammo only one FTF.
I don't know anything about the problems with promags for the G44 but I can tell you that even with the 10 round OEM mags, the Federal Automatch ammo is crap. I've not had a single failure to eject or failure to feed with any of the other 8 or 10 bulk ammos have have used with mine, but the Federal Automatch generally has 1 or 2 failures per 10 round magazine and sometimes even more. I think it's probably an ammo issue with weak firing and not necessarily a problem with the magazines.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Interesting results concerning the Federal auto match. It’s pretty much my go to for cheap 22 ammo since I can get it at Wally World for a decent price and I don’t have any problems at all with it in either of my G44s. Weird how different guns react with it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting results concerning the Federal auto match. It’s pretty much my go to for cheap 22 ammo since I can get it at Wally World for a decent price and I don’t have any problems at all with it in either of my G44s. Weird how different guns react with it
I agree. Today I went to the range and put about 15 mags of Automatch through my Glock 44. The first 10 magazines all had problems ranging from stovepipes to fail to eject and fail to feed. I would say minimum of one problem up to as many as 3 problems in a magazine. Only have 2 mags for the gun.

But....the last 5 magazines that I shot, ammo from the same box, went through flawlessly !

Now please explain that to me !!

I don't really care because it is cheap ammo and the only .22lr I can find anywhere close to that price, and if I have to rack it a couple of times a magazine I don't really care. Wife shoots it some too and it's not as easy to rack the mag for her as it is for me.

Just seems strange to me. My son-in-law has a Glock 44 too that I might take to the range one of these days and see how it reacts with the Automatch ammo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah. These things are so hard to predict. Suggest that either the mags or the gun might also be too sensitive to ammo type. I loaded up 3 mags yesterday and mixed CCI and Fed Automatch. The 2 times I had FTF -- you guessed it -- Automatch. I wish this weren't true as the Feds are cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Winchester M-22 tactical ammo that I shoot (mainly because that’s what I shoot through my M&P 15-22) runs pretty much flawlessly, even regardless of how I load the magazine! The only issue I have with my G 44 is lead buildup in the barrel, and it seems to happen FAST! There are times I might only get 50-75 rounds through and the pattern seems to start ‘widening’. I’ll check the barrel, and sure enough, you can see the lead in the rifling.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah. These things are so hard to predict. Suggest that either the mags or the gun might also be too sensitive to ammo type. I loaded up 3 mags yesterday and mixed CCI and Fed Automatch. The 2 times I had FTF -- you guessed it -- Automatch. I wish this weren't true as the Feds are cheaper.
Yes, I have a couple of thousand rounds of CCI that I bought before the panic, but I swore I was going to shoot all the garbage I could find first to see if the Glock 44 could handle it. I probably had fired several thousand rounds of Federal Bulk Pack, Remington Golden Bullet, Remington Thunderbolt (man that is some filthy crap), Aguilla, Blazer, Winchester Wildcat, Winchester Western and Winchester M22, and I can't remember what else, and probably had 3 failures of any kind and I think two of them were failure to fire which I put back in and they fired the next time. I intentionally did not shoot any mini-mags...I knew it would shoot that. I was trying to prove or disprove all the press on it was picky about which ammo it would eat. I was convinced it would shoot anything !

But, I met my match with Automatch. But I have several thousand rounds of it, so I'll keep shooting it and hoping some other stuff becomes available in the future for similar prices. I will not ever buy or shoot the Thunderbolt garbage again though. It shot just fine, but it leaded up my barrel like you would not believe. Thought I was going to have to get a chisel to get it out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just got an e-mail alert from TargetSportsUSA.com announcing "New Inventory Added at Target Sports USA" with absolutely nothing worth even considering as far as I'm concerned. Buck and a half a round for Winchester .380, 12 cents a round for Browning .22lr and 17 cents for CCI Blazer .22lr, and 57 cents a round on WWB 9mm 124 grain.

Nothing I'm interested in.

Bulk Ammo for Sale Online Free Shipping Available (targetsportsusa.com)

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do the standard (lower velocity) CCI tend to do? There's a local guy who wants to sell a bunch at a decent price. But I haven't tried any yet.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
It shoots out of mine but I have close to 8000 total rounds thru it and I have discovered that when it comes to G 44's no two are alike when it comes to ammunition that they like/prefer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My son-in-law had some CCI standard velocity that he tried to shoot last time I went with him and it would not cycle the slide and reload the next round. I never tried to shoot any of that in mine.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts