Glock Firearms banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine has worked well with a wide variety of ammo. I have never had a 22 LR that did not jam more than most other calibers, but I will say my G44 jams less than the Ruger Mark III it replaced (and the Mark III is a good gun).
I would not trust a G44 as a carry weapon, but I would not trust ANY 22 LR as a carry weapon. As a range and practice gun, it's fantastic IMO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have two .22 cal semi-auto pistols. One is a S&W M&P 22 compact, the other is the Glock 44. My son-in-law also has a Glock 44. The S&W probably has 5000 rounds through it, the Glock 44 probably 2000 rounds, and my son-in-law's Glock 44 probably has over 1000 rounds through it.

I originally had problems with failures to extract and eject with the S&W but sent it back and they did something to it and have not had a single problem with it for the last 2000 rounds. The two Glock 44's have not had a single fail to extract or fail to feed issue.

I have never had or know of any of those three 22's to "jam" and I'm not even sure what you mean my "jam."

I understand fail to fire, fail to extract, fail to eject and fail to feed....but I have no idea what you mean by "jam" and I have never had one do anything I would call a "jam."

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Apparently Glock redesigned the G44 slide and extractor starting with serial number prefix AEHK.

Old Extractor:

Newer Extractor:

Newest Extractor:

Although the GLOCK Parts Order Form (Certified Armorers) says it’s marked “39070-1”…the newest (pictured from a G44 manufactured in March 2021) is marked 50701 with a “1” on the post. The pre- AEHK pistol slides will not take the new extractors.

Does anyone know of other changes Glock has made to the model 44?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Went out today and put a couple of hundred rounds through my Glock 44. Ammo was some Remington Thunderbolts I picked up a couple of weeks ago at a good price at Academy. So, I wanted to see if it would shoot or not.

I had zero failures at all with the ammo which kind of surprised me a little bit. But it does seem that accuracy was as good as with some other I have used. Either that, or I just had a bad day and would chalk it up to that except that wife shot some of it through her S&W M&P 22 compact, and her patterns were also much bigger than her normal shoots. So, I'm not sure if we both just had bad days, or it was partially the ammo. Oh well, it went bang, hit the target somewhere at 15 yards and didn't blow up my gun. So, just another day at the range, but definitely noticeably bad enough that it makes me wonder.

The good news is I have about 700 more rounds that I can keep trying and see if it was the ammo or me. Next time I do think I'll take a few mini-mags with me just to have something to compare against.

I would bet big money that the problem is ME !

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey all i got one the other day with a AFFW prefix it runs like a champ even with rem golden.had an issue with the pro mag with 18 rds if i load 15 it works great.ran about 500 rds through it so far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey all i got one the other day with a AFFW prefix it runs like a champ even with rem golden.had an issue with the pro mag with 18 rds if i load 15 it works great.ran about 500 rds through it so far.
I have run lots of Remington golden bullets through mine as well and they ran just fine. I have run lots of different brands of ammo and not had an operational problem with a single one of them. The only thing I have not run in it are mimi-mags and I've got quite a bit of that. But as long as it keeps eating the cheap stuff, I'm saving my mini-mags...although not sure why at this point.

I'm just going to stick with the 10 round mags for now. They kind of make me slow down a little bit at the range, although I might buy a couple of more of those at some point. I'm not planning on using my Glock 44 as a primary defensive weapon at this point anyway. So, I can't really get too worried about only being 10 rounds.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,949 Posts
A ProMag that actually works?!?
🤔
...or kinda works!
Inconceivable!

·
Registered
81 Posts
well kind of its supposed to take 18 rds but it does not like it.if i only load 15 it runs great.so now ill leave it fully loaded when not it use maybe it might work fully loaded.i took a chance for 14 bucks what the heck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 2 ProMags and they work well after I learned the right way to load them .
I have 2 more on order now .

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 2 of the 18 rd. mags and had all kinds of problems until I learned just how to load them .
I found out that you only pull down the assist buttons barely enough to force a rd. in and let the rds. stack on their own they work well for me .

I purchased a 3D loader but had all kinds of problems with it when I first used it . It fits too tight on the mag body , hangs up and won't let the rds. stack as they should .
I also tried a hood type loader but with the very strong spring it damaged the part that pushes the rd. down.

I sanded the loader body so it slides up and down with out hanging up and it works well if you load the same way as above . If you use the loader to load from the start it lets the first 4 rds. stack wrong .

I load 4 rds. as I stated above , then use the loader to load the rest while only pushing it down enough to keep a little pressure on the rd. you are loading and the 18 rd. mags work great for me .

So well in fact I just ordered 2 more .

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Not quite problematic for a stock G 44 but some interesting things can be learned from this educational video of the G 44.

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In regards to the G44 Firing Pin Assembly (Part# 39445), I know the firing pin/striker and spacer sleeve are unique to the G44.

What about the firing pin spring and the firing pin spring cups compared to other Glock models? If the cups are the same why are they white?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts