Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can’t find any current info on how Glock 44s are performing. Many reported problems early on…I don’t know how much was truth or rumor.

Was anything resolved? What ammo works and what doesn’t? Some people claim a simple magazine “trick” solved most problems.

Glock 44 owners, what has been your experience with the pistol?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Luv mine also, it even functions with a type of ammo that it is not supposed to,Remington Thundercrap,goes thru them like ---- tru a goose. Only one problem is it takes longer to load the magazines than to empty them.

Reactions: j102 and TheKraken

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a few thousand rounds through mine, even shot it in a couple classes when I didn't have enough 9mm. My experience is that if you load the magazine then turn it upside down and compress the follower by hand it takes the spring preasure off of the rounds and allows them to orient correctly in the mag. My has been %100 reliable if I do this when loading. If I do not load this way I will occasionally have the first round nose down and hang up on the feed ramp.
It is a fantastically accurate pistol easily capable of 100yd hits on 2/3 steel silhouettes (that's about the limit of my abilities with open sights).

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a few thousand rounds through mine, even shot it in a couple classes when I didn't have enough 9mm. My experience is that if you load the magazine then turn it upside down and compress the follower by hand it takes the spring preasure off of the rounds and allows them to orient correctly in the mag. My has been %100 reliable if I do this when loading. If I do not load this way I will occasionally have the first round nose down and hang up on the feed ramp.
It is a fantastically accurate pistol easily capable of 100yd hits on 2/3 steel silhouettes (that's about the limit of my abilities with open sights).
You do something like this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had mine for about a year now and never had a single misfire and no fail to feeds. I do not ever do anything to adjust bullet alignment in the magazines. Shoots all kinds of ammo with no problems. Fun gun to shoot in place of my Glock 19 and I will probably keep shooting it for target practice even when (or if) 9mm ammo gets back down to reasonable prices.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Does it feed hollow points reliably?
I bought a couple of thousand rounds of hollow points. HP is all I have now.

·
Super Moderator
72,669 Posts
Does it feed hollow points reliably?
I bought a couple of thousand rounds of hollow points. HP is all I have now.
Mine does as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had mine for about a year now and only can remember one misfire, and no fail to feeds. I have probably put 2000 rounds through it of all kinds of ammo.

I do not ever do anything to adjust bullet alignment in the magazines. Shoots all kinds of ammo with no problems. Fun gun to shoot in place of my Glock 19 and I will probably keep shooting it for target practice even when (or if) 9mm ammo gets back down to reasonable prices.

It's actually hard for me to believe that I could shoot any kind of .22 lr ammo without more misfires. I have a bunch of mini-mag .22lr ammo too, but I have not fired a single round of that through it because I have very high confidence that it will work in it, so I don't even try it. I kind of hold that back just in case I ever need to have some really high confidence .22 ammo to shoot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a few jams and FTFs with crappy Remington Golden, but Stingers and Minimags run 100%. I haven’t tried others this far.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
In the beginning, I had about 2-4 FFF's but most likely it was the cheap ammo. I now have over 2000 rounds and nothing has issues at all. A pain to load the mags,but I now have 3 mags so I can go a bit longer. My wife absolutely loves to shoot it as well..

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, just got back from the range with my wife, my Glock 44 and my S&W M&P 22 compact. I took about 40 rounds of Aguilla and the rest from my new supply of garbage Remington Thunderbolts I just bought.

Wife put 40 rounds of Thunderbolts through the S&W and then between she and I we put the 40 rounds of Aguilla and another 120 rounds of Thunderbolts through the Glock 44.

In those 200 rounds, we had one fail to fire in the Glock. Took it out and guess what, it was the Aguila with a definite strike mark on it. Reloaded it in the magazine and it fired just fine the second time.

We had absolutely zero problems with the Thunderbolts in either gun so I can't say anything bad about the ammo, or about the Glock 44 being willing to shoot that garbage ammo.

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, just got back from the range with my wife, my Glock 44 and my S&W M&P 22 compact. I took about 40 rounds of Aguilla and the rest from my new supply of garbage Remington Thunderbolts I just bought.

Wife put 40 rounds of Thunderbolts through the S&W and then between she and I we put the 40 rounds of Aguilla and another 120 rounds of Thunderbolts through the Glock 44.

In those 200 rounds, we had one fail to fire in the Glock. Took it out and guess what, it was the Aguila with a definite strike mark on it. Reloaded it in the magazine and it fired just fine the second time.

We had absolutely zero problems with the Thunderbolts in either gun so I can't say anything bad about the ammo, or about the Glock 44 being willing to shoot that garbage ammo.
Did you do anything special loading the Glock magazines...like as described in post# 4?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you do anything special loading the Glock magazines...like as described in post# 4?
Actually no I do not. In fact, I kind of go out of my way to load them haphazardly to insure that I'm not doing anything special, and when I first got it I would check them after loading and they frequently loaded in kind of the "nose down" position, because I had seen so much on it and wanted to test mine. Never have had a single problem with fail to feed, fail to eject, stovepipe or anything like that with mine.

Now, I really don't pay any attention to it at all because I have loaded a couple of thousand rounds or more with no issues, so I ignore it completely.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts