Glock Firearms banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
JIM
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have tried the G19 beavertail grip on my 43x but it’s a bit loose.
So today I checked the Hogue website and they now make one Just for the 48/43x, so I promptly ordered 2.
As a side note I have the Hogue grips on ALL of my Glocks & have always had them on every Glock that I have owned since the 90’s, but I have large hands so the Palm-swells really feel comfortable to me.
The Hogue G19 was tight going on my 43X....I know you can buy Direct from Hogue the 43X Grip but it's higher in cost with shipping than Amazon is why I tried the G19 Grip. Amazon it was free shipping at $10.00 .... Hogue is $22.50 ....Amazon did not have the 43X grip but do like the grip feel now shooting my 43X.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do they make it without finger grooves?
I like the G43X the way it is, but interested to see how it would feel with one without the finger grooves.
I really do not like finger grooves so, I think that I will add a Talon grip to mine when they bring out the new texture later this month.

·
Ubiquitas 62
9 Posts
For Glock 43X Owners....Who want to add a great feeling grip at a cheap price... I bought Glock 19 HOGUE Grips Off Amazon for $9.87 and they fit perfect and feel great. It does make the grip slightly bigger but not as big as the double stack grip. Grip also covers the beaver tail, check out the picture - if you are interested. Amazon Link Amazon.com : Hogue 17050 HandAll Beavertail Grip Sleeve, Glock 19 Gen 1-2-5, Black : Sports & Outdoors View attachment 186221
I agree. I’ve owned firearms for over 40+ years and never liked this type of grip enhancement on my weapons. In defense of Hogue I have been using their G 10 grips on my 1911’s for a long time and love them.I digress; in this instance it’s as though the wraparound was designed especially for my 43X MOS and I absolutely love it. What you said about the palm swell is exactly right,not too much not too little, perfect fit.Very happy!
K
“Nous Defions”

·
Ubiquitas 62
9 Posts
For Glock 43X Owners....Who want to add a great feeling grip at a cheap price... I bought Glock 19 HOGUE Grips Off Amazon for $9.87 and they fit perfect and feel great. It does make the grip slightly bigger but not as big as the double stack grip. Grip also Love itcovers the beaver tail, check out the picture - if you are interested. Amazon Link Amazon.com : Hogue 17050 HandAll Beavertail Grip Sleeve, Glock 19 Gen 1-2-5, Black : Sports & Outdoors View attachment 186221
Love it!
E8A7A839-3A03-4621-8AFB-3B30D32A29CD.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got large hands/long fingers.
I ordered the Sandstorm “backstrap” for my 43X. It’s not yet installed, but it looks like it’s going to help increase the grip size and the distance to the trigger.
I’m thinking about adding the Hogue grip for a little more size. The 43X sleeve would probably not fit over that backstrap, but I’m thinking that the sleeve for the 19 might work.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
My BUG that I pocket carry is the G43. I also put a Hogue grip on it. Makes a big difference. It's an inexpensive way to make your gun easier to shoot. Best of luck to my fellow Glock lovers.
Merry Christmas!
I have a Hogue grip FOR my G43 but no matter what or how I try, I can't get the SOB on! Grr. I have a Pachmyr on it now, but I know the Hogue would be better for me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,949 Posts
I got nothing then. I had a Hogue grip on my 21 back in 93 and still remember how much of a pain it was to get on. Ended up tearing after a few months so I never ran one again. Seemed like they tore easier back then as I don’t hear people having to replace them nowadays. Probably improved the secret recipe of polymers.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts