1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
JIM
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
159 Posts
I put Talon grips on my 43X and my 19.Gives just enough grip without adding any thickness.I would think grips for a 19 would be loose on the 43X,but if it works for you,thats all that matters.

·
JIM
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put Talon grips on my 43X and my 19.Gives just enough grip without adding any thickness.I would think grips for a 19 would be loose on the 43X,but if it works for you,thats all that matters.
They are hard to put on, I had wiggle them and press hard. I bet putting them on a G19 would be a nightmare. I had Talon Tape before and really didn’t think it was that good. I like the 43X but the grip texture isn’t rough enough for my hand. Everyone is different.

·
JIM
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
276 Posts
They are hard to put on, I had wiggle them and press hard. I bet putting them on a G19 would be a nightmare. I had Talon Tape before and really didn’t think it was that good. I like the 43X but the grip texture isn’t rough enough for my hand. Everyone is different.
Tried one on my G26..into the microwave for a few seconds or into a bowl of hot water(lubes it as well)...BUT took it off, changed the backstrap instead to thinest with biggest beavertail.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My BUG that I pocket carry is the G43. I also put a Hogue grip on it. Makes a big difference. It's an inexpensive way to make your gun easier to shoot. Best of luck to my fellow Glock lovers.
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Do they make it without finger grooves?
I like the G43X the way it is, but interested to see how it would feel with one without the finger grooves.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im out of town, my wife sent me a picture of my box from Hogue. Cant wait to get them on my g40 mos.
Alright! drove 4.5 hours from PDX to Talent, OR. kissed wife, kissed kid, pet dog, pet cat...installed Hogue grip immediately and just for grins a slide charger (dont know if Ill keep it, but it has potential). Fyi folks, the grips are totally worth it. Steep them in hot water, dry them, spray with windex. Definitely cut the plastic container and make a couple shims to better slide the grip on. 1st inch or so is a bit challenging, but it isnt horrible if you follow the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alright! drove 4.5 hours from PDX to Talent, OR. kissed wife, kissed kid, pet dog, pet cat...installed Hogue grip immediately and just for grins a slide charger (dont know if Ill keep it, but it has potential). Fyi folks, the grips are totally worth it. Steep them in hot water, dry them, spray with windex. Definitely cut the plastic container and make a couple shims to better slide the grip on. 1st inch or so is a bit challenging, but it isnt horrible if you follow the install.
Something importany to note: I wear an XL glove, the Hogue grip on a bigger hand...may cause a comfort issue on the fillet (round recess) of the trigger guard.
It's perfect for me, but with thicker fingers/knuckles the finger grips in the Hogue would probably make an uncomfortable middle finger as it would be pushed into the guard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have tried the G19 beavertail grip on my 43x but it’s a bit loose.
So today I checked the Hogue website and they now make one Just for the 48/43x, so I promptly ordered 2.
As a side note I have the Hogue grips on ALL of my Glocks & have always had them on every Glock that I have owned since the 90’s, but I have large hands so the Palm-swells really feel comfortable to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts