Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First post & first Glock 43. I have a possible aftermarket slide that is fully custom engraved. If I can attach pictures I will. The receiver is Glock. When I try to assemble the slide to the frame it feels like something is hitting the guide rod or in the area. Or, possibly to the rear of the receiver.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,673 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried the slide without the barrel and RSA?
Rear rails look coated with receiver finish or polymer.
Hard to zoom in on the pics.
Connector can also have issues with the cam cut in bottom of aftermarket slides.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It does look like the rear rails were coated along with the frame. Whoever did the coating didn't bother to cover them with tape. You'll need to sand down the rear rails a bit to get to the bare metal, but if you want a snug fit then go slowly and check bare slide fitment. When the slide is off, check the rear of it. Does it look like there's coating coming off the frame onto the slide, if so where? This will help narrow down your issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried the slide without the barrel and RSA?
Rear rails look coated with receiver finish or polymer.
Hard to zoom in on the pics.
Connector can also have issues with the cam cut in bottom of aftermarket slides.
Hi, Olga.
Yes, the slide goes on w/o barrel/guide rod.
I'll look at the connector. Thanks!

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,673 Posts
Hi, Olga.
Yes, the slide goes on w/o barrel/guide rod.
I'll look at the connector. Thanks!
Doesn't look you are far enough back to touch the connector yet.
You could mark inside the frame with a Sharpie and check for RSA drag.
Make sure you have a solvent to remove the black on that tan lower.

·
Premium Member
13,888 Posts
It does look like the rear rails were coated along with the frame. Whoever did the coating didn't bother to cover them with tape. You'll need to sand down the rear rails a bit to get to the bare metal, but if you want a snug fit then go slowly and check bare slide fitment. When the slide is off, check the rear of it. Does it look like there's coating coming off the frame onto the slide, if so where? This will help narrow down your issue.
I would guess the coating on the rails is part if not the entire issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try putting your trigger in the forward (unfired) position, then run the slide on the rails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts