Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen another post where respondents said the problem described below is normal, even Glock, supposedly, and with multiple Glock models. That's why I'm raising the question again on the Gunsmithing forum.
I have a Glock 43 that does this every time. When I put the RSA in the half-moon seat and look at the slide setup from the slde, it is readily apparent that the RSA is not parallel with the axis of the barrel. The barrel seating end of the RSA is lower. When the gun is fired or racked the RSA wants to align itself with the axis of the barrel, so it comes out of the half-moon seat and is caught by the chamber ridge. Sometimes this causes the slide to stick when field stripping and I have to tap on the barrel chamber with a nylon hammer to get the slide off due to the RSA flange hanging up on the slide lock.
This can't be normal, in my opinion. The RSA should ride parallel to the axis of the barrel throughout firing, no matter what Glock says. I have a lot of other striker fired guns, including Glock models, and they ALL function this way; i.e., the RSA flange stays seated in the half-moon slot for it; like M&P, Walther, Springfield. I"ve never heard of this problem except with Glock.

If I'm missing something, will a Glock armorer please set me straight?

·
Droid on a mission
259 Posts
I've seen another post where respondents said the problem described below is normal, even Glock, supposedly, and with multiple Glock models. That's why I'm raising the question again on the Gunsmithing forum.
I have a Glock 43 that does this every time. When I put the RSA in the half-moon seat and look at the slide setup from the slde, it is readily apparent that the RSA is not parallel with the axis of the barrel. The barrel seating end of the RSA is lower. When the gun is fired or racked the RSA wants to align itself with the axis of the barrel, so it comes out of the half-moon seat and is caught by the chamber ridge. Sometimes this causes the slide to stick when field stripping and I have to tap on the barrel chamber with a nylon hammer to get the slide off due to the RSA flange hanging up on the slide lock.
This can't be normal, in my opinion. The RSA should ride parallel to the axis of the barrel throughout firing, no matter what Glock says. I have a lot of other striker fired guns, including Glock models, and they ALL function this way; i.e., the RSA flange stays seated in the half-moon slot for it; like M&P, Walther, Springfield. I"ve never heard of this problem except with Glock.

If I'm missing something, will a Glock armorer please set me straight?
I have a 43 which is my EDC, for about 2-3 years now and never had that issue, have you tried a new/different RSA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 43 which is my EDC, for about 2-3 years now and never had that issue, have you tried a new/different RSA
Thanks for the reply R2D2; yes, it comes unseated the same with the OEM, Galloway SS, and Glockstore Titanium RSAs; and, I bought a Lone Wolf replacement barrel and it does it with that also. The same problem no matter the bbl or RSA. My G42 does the same thing. None of my larger Glocks do this - G21 (45 ACP or 10mm bbl), G17, G19. I have ordered a new slide and will see if that makes a difference (It's an LFA slide).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been combing the internet for this exact issue, sorry you’re having trouble but glad to know I’m not going crazy. I can’t figure out what I’m missing either. I have 1 polymer 43 that’s fine and 1 that is eating the recoil springs because I end up bending the flange on the spring trying to get the slide off and removing the firing pin first doesn’t help. If you find a fix I would love to hear it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve been combing the internet for this exact issue, sorry you’re having trouble but glad to know I’m not going crazy. I can’t figure out what I’m missing either. I have 1 polymer 43 that’s fine and 1 that is eating the recoil springs because I end up bending the flange on the spring trying to get the slide off and removing the firing pin first doesn’t help. If you find a fix I would love to hear it!
I bought a new slide and it appears that the spring seats parallel to the barrel. I haven't fired it yet, but will post when I do. My guess is it's a design flaw from Glock in the milling of the slide, but I thought it cheaper to just buy a $200 slide I liked. Glock customer service is like dealing with an 800 lb. gorilla anyway - they respond however they want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts