Glock 43 NY trigger install help

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by k9guy, Nov 22, 2020.

1. k9guy

k9guy New Member

Hello, looking for some assistance on how to install the Glock part #39324 (NY trigger) on a Glock 43.

This is the specific part Glock says is for the Glock 42/43. I have put NY triggers in Gen 4 Glocks with no problem but the trigger assembly is different in the G43 and I’m just not sure how to do it. I tried looking for some articles and/or videos online with out any luck.

Anyone with any experience with this, I’d certainly appreciate your help.

2. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

3. k9guy

k9guy New Member

I watched this video but it is for a Gen 3 trigger system. The Glock 43 and Gen 5 guns use a different trigger assemble where the crucifix part of the trigger bar goes into the spring assemble. The NY trigger spring assembly from Glock does not have the new hook part that holds the crucifix part of the trigger bar in place. Not sure how to proceed, can’t find any videos or instruction showing this exact install.

Olga17 likes this.
  4. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    Did you get the correct NY trigger spring? The 43 43X 48 you have to use the slim one.
    https://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-G42-_-G43-New-York-Slim-Trigger-Spring/productinfo/G39324/

EDIT:
    Ok i see you have the correct one. I`ll do some searching and post it if i find anything that can help you.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    SJ 40 and k9guy like this.
  5. Olga17

I'll admit the video was kind of making a funny about making one's gun less accurate.
    Why would you want such a heavy trigger pull, possibly over 9 lbs and not to mention the pointer finger blister from the trigger on range day?

Danzig likes this.
  6. k9guy

k9guy New Member

7. k9guy

k9guy New Member

Because certain police agencies require officers that carry off duty to have at least a 8lb trigger pull. Not my rules...

8. PaPow

NunYah
    Apparently Glock makes an increased-pull (8.0-lb) connector 33847 for the G42/43, equivalent to the PLUS connector ("Miami trigger") used in larger Glocks. Might be worth looking into. Other than that, i got nothin.

9. PaPow

NunYah
    I dont see where they have any say or rules in what you carry if your a civilian.

10. Olga17

I get it but it's a damn shame.

I tend to work the other way, modify connectors, remove pre-travel.
    Never tried to lessen post travel after the break though, have an ejector housing that allows for this but just removed the screw and never bothered.

PaPow and SJ 40 like this.
  11. Olga17

This is an off duty carry requirement I believe.

PaPow likes this.
  12. I just paid my gunsmith to install my Overwatch trigger in my 43X.

13. PaPow

NunYah
    So have you checked it with a trigger gauge yet to see how many pound pull it is to the break? Reason i`m asking, if what you did, raised the amount of trigger pull, this might be an option for the OP to look into.

Southlake and jhg like this.
  14. stokes

stokes Active Member

I installed a NY trigger in my 43X.By choice.I was a LEO for 30 yrs in NY.Had to use the NY trigger in my 19 for 20 of those 30 yrs.I got so accustomed to it that it is what I like.To the OP,it is really easy to do.This is the video I watched https://glocktriggers.com/trigger-installation/

Danzig, PaPow and Southlake like this.
  15. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

This thread has been cleaned by yours truly. Trolling violates the rules of the forum and will not be allowed. Going forward, if you see something send me a PM.

PaPow likes this.
  16. CaptJH

CaptJH Member

Florida
    K9guy, I was having trouble with my Glock 43 re-assembly after polishing the trigger parts. I found this video which helped solve my problems. Pay close attention beginning six minutes into the video.

The forward most part of the cross shaped part on the rear of the trigger bar must be placed inside a small slot. Not on top of that part with a small slot.
    Sorry, but I don’t know the exact nomenclature of these parts, but the video shows what they should look like when properly assembled. I hope this helps.

Southlake likes this.