Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this glock 42 and finally fired it on dec 28. However, the gun repeatedly jammed every 2 rounds. Also, after the final round, the round never ejected and the slide stayed closed.
Anyone else have this problem, I have a 19 and 26 with no failures in 16 years. I used 95 grain rounds.... contacted glock but never heard back.
I read this was a common issue for this gun? Is it a design issue?

Any information would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought this glock 42 and finally fired it on dec 28. However, the gun repeatedly jammed every 2 rounds. Also, after the final round, the round never ejected and the slide stayed closed.
Anyone else have this problem, I have a 19 and 26 with no failures in 16 years. I used 95 grain rounds.... contacted glock but never heard back.
I read this was a common issue for this gun? Is it a design issue?

Any information would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got off the phone with glock, he states the gun has all updated parts, he also said, that maybe it’s the way I’m gripping it, or the ammo is too low, or recoil spring is tight? I have shot glocks for 20 years and never had this kind of failure over and over again!!!!
He even recommended ( really ) shooting hollow points through, not practice rounds?

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
What specific ammo were you using? With S&B .380 fmj stuff, my lcp fails to lock open, even though recoil feels stout. With WW/USA white-box stuff it does better.

Not to be insulting, but a short-cycling issue often indicates a grip problem; and on the tiny 42 that would be very easy to accidentally do, even for an experienced shooter.

Could also just be a 'tightness' thing; the gun needing to be broken in. I assume it's had a good cleaning before firing..?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What specific ammo were you using? With S&B .380 fmj stuff, my lcp fails to lock open, even though recoil feels stout. With WW/USA white-box stuff it does better.

Not to be insulting, but a short-cycling issue often indicates a grip problem; and on the tiny 42 that would be very easy to accidentally do, even for an experienced shooter.

Could also just be a 'tightness' thing; the gun needing to be broken in. I assume it's had a good cleaning before firing..?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using 95 grain federal..... your not insulting, I want constructive criticism to help me, but there was no limp wristing.

I will just use larger grain and see if helps.

I took my other glocks straight from the box and used without difficulty.

However, I was confused when told that I should use only hollow points, even during practice, REALLY?

I will give it a try and look at grip and trying hotter rounds til it breaks in!?

Thanks

·
Registered
732 Posts
However, I was confused when told that I should use only hollow points, even during practice, REALLY?

I will give it a try and look at grip and trying hotter rounds til it breaks in!?

Thanks
I'm not up on the 42 but HP is usually a bit hotter than normal range fodder, so the statement isn't too far out there.
Watching grip and using hot ammo is good advice for any new Glock.
Lots of people get the itty bitty guns and think they are easy to shoot when the opposite is true. People talk of getting their wife/GF a micro because they are a new shooter. All I can think is "why do you hate her?"
You say that isn't your case, but an easy trap to fall in.
Good Luck

Reactions: Lucian_253
1 - 10 of 10 Posts