Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have had this gun for over 5 years and never have had a problem with it. just went out and fired 100 rolunds of pratice ammo and cleaned it after i got home like always. after cleaning i loaded the mags, put it in the gun and tried to chamber 1 round. it jams, the round looks like it didnt get in the barrel. hung up before even getting a little bit in the barrel. so pulled back on it got the round out and tried again, same thing, after a few rounds 1 did go into the barrel but the slide kind of hesitated before the round went into the barrel. took it apart and then back together and am still having the same problems. if it doesn't jam the slide hesitates before the round goes into the barrel.. any help would be deprecated,, thank you

· Banned
12 Posts
have had this gun for over 5 years and never have had a problem with it. just went out and fired 100 rolunds of pratice ammo and cleaned it after i got home like always. after cleaning i loaded the mags, put it in the gun and tried to chamber 1 round. it jams, the round looks like it didnt get in the barrel. hung up before even getting a little bit in the barrel. so pulled back on it got the round out and tried again, same thing, after a few rounds 1 did go into the barrel but the slide kind of hesitated before the round went into the barrel. took it apart and then back together and am still having the same problems. if it doesn't jam the slide hesitates before the round goes into the barrel.. any help would be deprecated,, thank you
Field strip it again, & make sure the recoil spring is properly seated. The rear of the spring package needs to be seated in that inner groove.

Also check to make sure the ejector isn't bent.

· Premium Member
10,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum,If doing as Joe suggested as you stated it's over 5 years old I would source a replacement RSA for it from what you describe.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the warm greetings. I did strip it down again and we put back together again with the I contacted Glock and apparently the magazines that came with my gun are 02's and they asked me to send them back to them and they send me 03's they believe that is what's causing the gun to jam. Apparently different ammunition types with the older magazines would jam. So I'll be mailing those out today and hopefully get them back soon I carry this gun almost all the time. Thank you for your information and your greetings

· Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Thank you for the warm greetings. I did strip it down again and we put back together again with the I contacted Glock and apparently the magazines that came with my gun are 02's and they asked me to send them back to them and they send me 03's they believe that is what's causing the gun to jam. Apparently different ammunition types with the older magazines would jam. So I'll be mailing those out today and hopefully get them back soon I carry this gun almost all the time. Thank you for your information and your greetings
at least you function tested it and found the issue, i always function test after cleaning. I will usually cycle 2 mags through to ensure everything is feeding and extracting like it should

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Field strip it again, & make sure the recoil spring is properly seated. The rear of the spring package needs to be seated in that inner groove.

Also check to make sure the ejector isn't bent.
called glock and they said to send them the 2 mags i have which have the #02 on them and they will upgrade them to 03's. said the gun had all updated parts and the new mags should take care of the jamming

· Registered
211 Posts
called glock and they said to send them the 2 mags i have which have the #02 on them and they will upgrade them to 03's. said the gun had all updated parts and the new mags should take care of the jamming
I never would have figured that it was a magazine failure. I fired a brand new Glock 43, and it ran flawlessly. Yes, I know that you said a Glock 42, but still.

· Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I never would have figured that it was a magazine failure. I fired a brand new Glock 43, and it ran flawlessly. Yes, I know that you said a Glock 42, but still.
depending on how old his 42 is if it was one of the first released i know glock was having issues with the 43 mags when they first came out

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes when I gave them the cereal number off the gun they told me that that was the latest generation and did not need any replacement parts but it came with a gen 02 mag two of them. which they have a new one gen 03 and that's what they're sending me two of no charge. I read online that with each new generation they make improvements of the problems they find with the old generation

· Registered
145 Posts
Yes when I gave them the cereal number off the gun they told me that that was the latest generation and did not need any replacement parts but it came with a gen 02 mag two of them. which they have a new one gen 03 and that's what they're sending me two of no charge. I read online that with each new generation they make improvements of the problems they find with the old generation
Any update? What happened? Did the new mags solve the issue?

· Registered
1,014 Posts
at least you function tested it and found the issue, i always function test after cleaning. I will usually cycle 2 mags through to ensure everything is feeding and extracting like it should
Like hand cycle live ammo? Or shoot it?

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum,If doing as Joe suggested as you stated it's over 5 years old I would source a replacement RSA for it from what you describe.
I'm trying to figure out why you would suggest replacement. It should last 5000+ shouldn't it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts