Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
In need of some help here from the experts. New Glock 42, stock with the exception of an extended mag release. Trying to put the slide back on is not going well. The barrel and guide rod are forward of the slide about a 1/4" and the slide is forward on the frame. The guide rod is positioned in the notch as it should be. Please see pics below. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hand Finger Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument String instrument accessory

Tool Gun accessory Automotive exterior Starting pistol Carbon

Gun accessory Wood Personal protective equipment Gun barrel Starting pistol

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking a look. I’m completely baffled. I have other older gen glocks and I’ve never experienced this. The a new a new never fired weapon. Everything seemed to function fine until I field stripped it. Didn’t do anything different than I ever have. Puzzled……

·
Premium Member
9,906 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If you can get the slide back far enough to get the slide back plate off, then remove the striker/F P you should be able to get the gun apart. If that fails to work try to work the trigger pin free from one side or the other and then lift out the slide along with the locking block and all related parts.
I think what may have caused the problem is the RSA was not fully seated in the assembly notch under your barrel, then resemble associated frame parts and try putting slide back on and make sure RSA is fully seated in the assembly notch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.
If you can get the slide back far enough to get the slide back plate off, then remove the striker/F P you should be able to get the gun apart. If that fails to work try to work the trigger pin free from one side or the other and then lift out the slide along with the locking block and all related parts.
I think what may have caused the problem is the RSA was not fully seated in the assembly notch under your barrel, then resemble associated frame parts and try putting slide back on and make sure RSA is fully seated in the assembly notch.
Thank you for reply. I can get the gun apart, I just can’t it back together. I checked and double checked multiple times that the RSA is seated in the machined cut out. This my friend is why I’m confused. I do appreciate the input bud.

·
Premium Member
9,906 Posts
Thank you for reply. I can get the gun apart, I just can’t it back together. I checked and double checked multiple times that the RSA is seated in the machined cut out. This my friend is why I’m confused. I do appreciate the input bud.
In that case I would search for someone close to you who is either a certified Glock armorer or someone very familiar with Glocks,if we were close I could take a look at it to see what the issue is.

Reactions: Che and Danzig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s probably what’s going to end end happening unless I stumble across someone on here that has experienced this issue. I really appreciate it your input and trying to help me. Let me know if you end up near Richmond, Virginia!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is where I have an issue.
After testing several Glocks with the RSA not properly placed in the correct notch on the barrel this happens in your picture.
View attachment 275725
Barrel and RSA should not move or protrude during slide install. It is clearly dragging.
View attachment 275726
Correct barrel lug for assembly
View attachment 275727
After testing several Glocks with the RSA not properly placed in the correct notch on the barrel this happens in your picture.
View attachment 275725
Barrel and RSA should not move or protrude during slide install. It is clearly dragging.
View attachment 275726
View attachment 275727
Thank you. The RSA is properly seated in the machined notch as it should like the photo you posted. Just like you I can recreate the issue on another couple glocks by not seating the RSA correctly but this one that's not the case. It must be somthing else creating the drag. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have nothing else, RSA has to be dragging when placing on receiver.

Parts didn't get swapped between different firearms???
No sir, only gun on the bench. I just found out some additional info. The pin was driven out with a hammer and punch. I'm now wondering if the locking block, trigger assembly, or slide release were damaged in the process. I cant visibly see any damage but that doesn't mean anything. I ordered all new OEM parts just a second ago. I will update the post once they arrive and are installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adding an extended mag release required a hammer and punch?

We are missing some of this story now?

Welcome to the Forum!
There is an introduction thread by the way.
my dad bought it, installed extended slide release and slide lock then went with a 9mm. He took that stuff off and i got the gun from him. Just learned that this morning when he stopped by. My apologies if I was not following the rules of the forum. I do appreciate everyone's input. I will update with any progress.

·
Registered
237 Posts
View attachment 275725
View attachment 275726
View attachment 275727
In the Picture it looks like it’s not in the notch. It looks too far back.Maybe it jumps out of the notch when you put the slide on. And if it moves back it will be sticking out too far to work properly. Because it’s at a different height on that shelf behind the Notch

·
Registered
878 Posts
View attachment 275725
It happens to my Glock 26 Gen 3 (new gun 700 rounds fired) since day 1. Never a problem with my Glock 19 or my Glock 17.

I shot my Glock 26 yesterday so I cleaned it today and what is pictured happen. I disassembled and reassembled and its okay now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
In need of some help here from the experts. New Glock 42, stock with the exception of an extended mag release. Trying to put the slide back on is not going well. The barrel and guide rod are forward of the slide about a 1/4" and the slide is forward on the frame. The guide rod is positioned in the notch as it should be. Please see pics below. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 275706
View attachment 275710
View attachment 275711
[/QUOTE
Hi All,

View attachment 275706
View attachment 275710
View attachment 275711
i had a problem just like yours, it was the trigger being in the wrong position (at least for me) good luck!

·
Legitimate Combatant
8,004 Posts
So:
Glocks tested so far 21, 17, 26, 19, 43, and 48 none of them drag the RSA when properly positioned on the barrel lug. When not fully seated on the barrel lug several drag and the RSA protrudes from the end. That's all I got guys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts