Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
New Glock 41 (first one)...pistol has poor accuracy (6-8" 'groups') at 25 yards from a rest!
Group is a little better with 185gr ammo...I have tried 230gr ball from federal, Remington, blazer, Winchester and magtech...all about the same.
Gun is 6 weeks and 700-800 rounds old....good new; great reliability, no ftf to date.
Thanks in advance for any insight or assistance
Robert

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
Where are you hitting? Low, high, left, right, etc. have you changed the sights? Or had them checked by a gunsmith. Seems odd. I don't have the 41, but own the 21sf & 30sf. They are two of my most accurate Glock pistols.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello Robert,
I have just built a Glock 41. They do suffer from bad accuracy due to the thinner barrel.

I just added the G41 as my profile picture,
Thanks.

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1445747632.492256.jpg

- Skimmer Trigger
- * KKM Barrel * ( ordered )
- HD Night Sights Yellow
- Stainless Oversized Pin Kit
- Glock Maritime Spring cups
- Glock 6.29lb Firing Pin Spring
- BT STA-TITE Guide Rod
- ZEV + 28% Trigger Spring
- T6 Serrated Cover Plate

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In general the group is high...but I expected this (as I use a different sight picture compared to the Glock recomened "6 o'clock" picture). But the group is just all over the place.
I was going to install an adjustable night sight, with a slightly taller front to bring the group back in line (with my sight picture)...but I want the group down to ~3" (from rest) or so before I invest more money in the gun.
Thank you

·
Registered
222 Posts
The BT guide rod increases your shot to shot accuracy, the KKM barrel I have shot in another Glock 41's have had great results. I believe this is a new offering from KKM.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
The BT guide rod increases your shot to shot accuracy, the KKM barrel I have shot in another Glock 41's have had great results. I believe this is a new offering from KKM.

I could see the KKM barrel increasing accuracy. Especially if the OEM barrel is causing it to be less accurate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I could see the KKM barrel increasing accuracy. Especially if the OEM barrel is causing it to be less accurate.

Correct, the KKM does improve accuracy with a variety of ammo. They have a good product. I believe it's the whole package with the G41 I'm finishing up, Trigger, Guide Rod, Sights and Barrel all add up to better accuracy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Robert,

I may not have your answer,

" bad accuracy " probably isn't the word, it's just slightly less accurate than a threaded G21 barrel once you get a few rounds down it because it's thinner.

Not sure why your 41 is having such erratic groupings. We haven't benched this 41 but I can tell you 2"- 3" group from bench with good ammo @ 25yards IS achievable with the stock 41 barrel.

Have you tried Hornady XTP?

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts