Glock Firearms banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Beretta,Glock,Smith&wesson
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wish i could even Find any of that 220gr Underwood Hi Tek 10mm Ammo to keep in my Mags let alone test fire some to get accustomed to them LOL. For now all i have is 180gr FMJ from LAX Ammunition Company they are only 1059fps maybe 409 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle if that. But hey i figure it's better than not having any 10mm in my Glock 40 right.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Dang i Can't find Underwood 220gr Hi Tek Coated 10MM ammo anywhere for my GLOCK 40 of course right with everything going on it's expected. So i am wondering do any of you guys know about these Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game Mono Metal 10mm Ammo? Like what is a Mono Metal Bullet exactly? would you guys trust it to Kill a Grizzly Bear? DANGEROUS GAME 10MM AUTO - Mono-Metal Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

They are 190gr 1200fps-607 ft lbs energy assuming that is at the Muzzle
They advertise 1,172 fps -- Glock model 40 -- 6-inch

Also there is Ammo That seems to Be Pretty Close if not the same as the Underwood 220gr Hard Cast 10mm Except it's not coated with Hi Tek it is 220gr Hard Cast and is rated at 1200fps & 703 ft lbs of energy assuming at the muzzle

I am leaning towards the 220gr Buffalo Bore Hard Cast it just seems more logical should i encounter a Grizz or just a regular Black Bear because i am Officially Hooked on Fishing i am gonna go everyweekend LOL.

So for the BB 220gr Hard Cast there is a a review from a guy Running a Glock 40 with a KKM Barrel and a 22lb Glockmeister recoil spring, Do you guys think that my Glock 40 with Just being a Factory Barrel and Factory Recoil Spring would FEED-FIRE & EJECT these Rounds Reliably???
Does anyone know what the factory Glock 40 Gen4 Recoil Spring is rated at in Pounds?

I think if i Fired 45 Rounds of Buffalo Bore 220gr Hard Cast 10mm through a Glock 40 Factory Barrel i would be okay and not Ruin The Barrel right? Just one Hell of a Bore Cleaning afterwards Anybody got a Good Chemical and Recommended Method for Removing Lead Build up in not only the Bore but anywhere in the Gun?

I know you can buy the Hi Tek Coating as well and coat your own Bullets/Ammunition but i don't wanna try that with my luck i would end up making them Unreliable to Feed and Eject LOL

Someone on another forum i read not too long ago was claiming he had His Glock 10mm Factory Magazines ruined by Keeping Uncoated Hard Cast Lead Ammo in his magazines *** how would that even be possible???

Unitil i can find some Underwood 220gr 10mm Hi Tek Coated ammo the Uncoated Hard Cast 220gr 10mm Will have to be in my Glock 40 Ready to go with me Fishing from here on out hopefully i won't have to ever use it.
I use 'Lead Away' patches to remove any lead/crap out of my barrels in all my guns.(Glocks, AR and a 12 Ga smooth bore) KKM barrels are the only aftermarket to out perform Glock factory barrels in every category. Not sure about Gen 5s as they weren't available when the comparison test was done.

·
Registered
Beretta,Glock,Smith&wesson
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I use 'Lead Away' patches to remove any lead/crap out of my barrels in all my guns.(Glocks, AR and a 12 Ga smooth bore) KKM barrels are the only aftermarket to out perform Glock factory barrels in every category. Not sure about Gen 5s as they weren't available when the comparison test was done.
I've Heard that KKM Barrels Aren't as Reliable for Feeding Rounds or ejecting spent casings due to Tighter Tolerances that they have Compared to Glock Factory Barrels not sure how true that is? I Definitely see the Benefits of a KKM Barrel Upgrade for 1. Stainless Steel for Corrosion/Rust Resistance not mention the Sexyness look of Stainless:ROFLMAO:

What is the Twist Direction of a KKM Glock 40 Stainless Barrel rifling Right,Left? Are they what is Called Standard Rifling as opposed to Glocks Polygonal Rifling? Which is why they are better for Keeping Lead Build at Lower rate of Build Up.

Where can i buy those lead away wipes online?

I've Had a Storm Lake Stainless Steel Barrel OEM Drop In Barrel Type that matches specs of the Original Glock 17 Gen3 Factory Barrel in my Glock 17 Gen3 since oh about 2010 due to a Damaged Glock Factory Barrel Been Great Ever Since, The Storm Lake Barrel Company went Defunct some years Back Unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I've Heard that KKM Barrels Aren't as Reliable for Feeding Rounds or ejecting spent casings due to Tighter Tolerances that they have Compared to Glock Factory Barrels not sure how true that is? I Definitely see the Benefits of a KKM Barrel Upgrade for 1. Stainless Steel for Corrosion/Rust Resistance not mention the Sexyness look of Stainless:ROFLMAO:

What is the Twist Direction of a KKM Glock 40 Stainless Barrel rifling Right,Left? Are they what is Called Standard Rifling as opposed to Glocks Polygonal Rifling? Which is why they are better for Keeping Lead Build at Lower rate of Build Up.

Where can i buy those lead away wipes online?

I've Had a Storm Lake Stainless Steel Barrel OEM Drop In Barrel Type that matches specs of the Original Glock 17 Gen3 Factory Barrel in my Glock 17 Gen3 since oh about 2010 due to a Damaged Glock Factory Barrel Been Great Ever Since, The Storm Lake Barrel Company went Defunct some years Back Unfortunately.
I'm not sure of twist direction and I believe it's a Standard rifling(maybe that's why Glock Gen5's 'Precision' barrels are very similar). The rumor about FTF/FTE probs were due to the barrel's 100% supporting the case. I've never heard of anybody that has had that problem myself. Most places are sold out but ya might get some accurate info from the GlockStore site.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts