GLock 37

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by ambeck1, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Just wondering if anyone know a good concealment holster for the full size Glock 37? I love this weapon but it is kinda hard to carry. I got a killer deal NIB OD. Thanks.

2. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

If you are looking for an IWB style try the N82Tactical holster. They are made for full size all the way down to the pocket style guns. Check em out at n82tactical.com. They are some good people that put out a really comfortable holster.

3. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply. I live in Florida and wearing lots of clothing inst really an option and its been hard for me to conceal my glock. I recently purchased a SW 442 J frame to carry around but every time i look at my glock i want to carry it.:D Does anybody carry a full sized glock ?

4. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Not a problem, glad I can help. I too carry a j frame and carry the IWB or pocket carry depending on the style of clothes I am wearing. In Va we hit all four seasons and each one has it's own style of carry. A couple of guys I work with carry full size glock 22 with IWB with croossbreed or n82 tactical. They have no issues but when I tried full size glocks the gun prints big time. I guess it has to be body make up and what is comfortable position.

5. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

I stuck to the 19 and 23

6. jelder

jelder New Member

I carry a galco concealable and a galco summer comfort iwb holster. Very nice made holster and 100% real American leather!

7. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Same problem with me. no matter what i do i see the glock mag imprint. Only good spot i can find is the small of the back, but try going from sitting to standing with it in that spot is to uncomfortable. Maybe my glock is just to big for concealed. Gives me another reason to buy another one!:)

8. 3iffromwithin

3iffromwithin Junior Member

S. Ga
    I was having a similar problem, plus an added complication. I carry a Glock 17 Gen 4 WITH a Viridian X5L tactical light/laser. I had two custom made IWB holsters made at a very reasonable price. They look great and I carry all day very comfortably. I carry between the 3:00 & 3:30. Printing is a little bit of a problem because of the full size weapon and my body type. I found I did have to alter the way I dress slightly. My shirts are a little larger and I tend to wear tshirts less, but I can still wear them and carry comfortably. Polo shirts and button down shirts seem to work best for little to no printing and shirts with a design such as stripes, plaids etc. also seem to break up any print that might be there. Also I found certain solid colors of the same style shirt seem to enhance the print while others make it less noticeable.

Anyway, you can contact Jay at American Holsters. He has pictures up of many holsters he makes. By the way, he hand makes each one. I got the Invisi-tuck style. I'm posting pics but to be honest, I have only used the custom holster because I like to keep my X5L on my Glock. There are 3 adjustment holes for each clip for height & cant. I did adjust the front clip up one hole to allow a little more forward cant. This seemed to help printing some and it also allowed for a quick smooth draw (I have major arthritis flareups regularly and still no problems). Jay is very knowledgeable and very easy to work with. We emailed and even talked by phone several times to be sure everything was done to my specs and to ease any concerns I had. (this X5L has some hard corners that snag with other holsters, plus I have TruGlo TFO night sights and I was concerned about that also). I am VERY satisfied with my holsters and recommend American Holsters to anybody without reservations.
    Hope this helps, good luck :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  9. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I really like the look of that black one. So with a weapon this size IWB is the way to go? Also i am a lefty, i would need to carry it at the 8 o clock ish spot.If you dont mind how much was that black one you have? Also i like the leather vs a plastic, less wear on the weapon.

10. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Personally, I won't carry a Glock IWB anymore, especially one with the thicker slide like the GAP. Adds too much to the waistband. :) Besides, I can conceal well OWB. That said, I don't carry my 37...I got a 39 for that purpose. If the finger grooves on the 38 fit me better, I'd have one of those instead. The compacts have always been my favorites.

As far as IWB holsters go, my favorite was always the Crossbreed Supertuck. You'd have to get one for the Glock 20/21 to fit the 37.

11. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

Im starting to think the same thing. The g37 is fun at the range but a bear to conceal. I bought it for a few reasons, its a glock, its od and i got it dirt cheap. Might be trading for another good weapon

12. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

Comptac conceals my Gen 4 17 just fine. I'm also a lefty.
    Www.comptac.com
    Clothing and body mass play role here. I'm a taller guy. My friend conceals his subcompact Springfield with this holster as well.

13. 3iffromwithin

3iffromwithin Junior Member

S. Ga
    For me IWB works best. A very knowledgable friend of mine recommended a "slide"OWB. He doesn't carry a full size pistol though, but says they work very nicely. They are very minimal and allow a fast draw and seemed to conceal his weapon well. I tried several OWB holsters, both kydex & leather (not the slide though) and just felt they printed too much. Besides, my intent has always been to carry with the tactical laser/light which ruled out many choices.

I think the cost was $85, but I got a $10 discount from "liking" the company Facebook page. Actually, he gave me the discount on both holsters, which I ordered at the same time. Normal cost is $75 with a $10 charge for custom work. The black holster is a stock item, but he charged me the custom price either bc I wanted that color scheme which I did not see or bc I wanted the channel for the sights a little wider or both. I not sure now all though I was when I ordered...lol. Jay seems like a stand up guy, straight shooter (pun intended) when it comes to charges & communication. No surprises!

Another plus for me is that you can actually tuck your shirt in with this holster & still be concealed. Very nice design.

Go to his site and check out the couple videos he posted about the holsters. Email Jay as much as it takes to clear up any questions or concerns you may have. He always answered mine within a day at most. Called me once or twice to be sure of some things. Download the pic of the holster you like and send it to him if you like that scheme. He also can put something different than the flag & eagle on it if you like. Being a lefty shouldn't pose a problem either, but Jay is pretty knowledgable and can help with any concern you may have. You don't pay until he sends a pic of finished product. All sales are final bc he hand makes each one.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted on what direction you go. Oh, btw, I don't work for Jay nor do I get any price considerations for promoting his holster. I just believe in promoting good products and service when I find it :)