Glock 36...Pro's/Con's

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Hurricane460, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Just as it say's what are your pro's and con's with the Glock 36 are there any? Lets hear your views.....

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I would prefer the 30. For a little more gun you get 4 more rds. But it is a glock so you can't go wrong with it

3. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have a few 30's and I was thinking of getting a 36 just for a smaller 45! I have a friend who has one he said I could borrow to see if I like it but he hasn't brought it out here (It is at his other house 168 miles away) I think he may want to sell it and if I ike it and we can work out a deal then I will own it! If not I will wait :) But I agree if I didn't already have a 30 I would get one first before the 36 but that is just me:cool:

4. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

I borrowed a 36 for a weekend to try out. I liked the gun but didn't love it. While easily concealable due to it being thinner than the 30 it lacks the round count and just didn't feel 'right' in my hand. I'm so used to the double stack thickness in the grip that I just didn't feel comfortable shooting it, or even holding it, for that matter. And i was not accurate with it. Could I have gotten used to it? Probably. But I passed on it. My next conceal will prob be a 30. But that's just me.

5. Was fortunate enough to be able to try shooting both the 30 as well as the 36 before buying. Went with the 30, it just shoots better for me for some reason.

6. I shoot IDPA with a guy who shoots a 36, and watching him reload a lot (like the 1911 shooters), your point is well made.

All I'd add is not only do you get 4 more rounds, you can actually get 7 more because you can use G21 mags in the G30

7. General_Tso

General_Tso New Member

I had one and sold it. No problems, just not comfortable to shoot.

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey General Tso! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

9. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

That is a good point.

10. McDaddy

McDaddy New Member

My first and only Glock is a 36. I love it. Bought it to carry in the truck and on my motorcycle. Shoots fine for me and I have Kimber's, Colt's and SA's. I figure after 7 rounds it's now a gunfight and no longer self-protection...that's why I carry an extra mag.

11. g30-2012

g30-2012 New Member

I like both!! But my favorite is the 30!! I have had both but trade the 36.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum g30-2012 !!

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum General_Tso !!

14. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Wow some great views on both ends. I recently sold my 30 to a real good friend and bought a used 36 (got a hellofa deal as well). I look forward to shooting the 36 to really compare the two. Thanks for all the input!

15. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Let us know what you think. I haven't owned either but have shoot the 30 and really enjoyed it. Is like to hear your thoughts on it

16. McDaddy

McDaddy New Member

I've read somewhere on this forum or another that the 36 slide will run on the 30 frame, which gives the 30 a slightly smaller top end profile...any comments on that?

17. etbonds

etbonds New Member

I have never shot a 30 but do own a g36. For me the 36 is the perfect ccw. But to each their own.

18. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum g30-2012! Enjoy!